Author Topic: Headlight aiming  (Read 1722 times)

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
Headlight aiming
« on: May 27, 2021, 09:23:31 PM »
What the heck, over I have a 2021 Kymco Super 8 150. And a 2017 Super 8  150X Service manual. To adjust the headlight the headlight cover has to be removed to see the adjustment screw and it says to adj the headlights, not giving what elevation for each headlight bulb or how far from the wall the headlights should be.

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
Re: Headlight aiming
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2021, 02:28:37 PM »
I got it figured out. Just aim my cars headlights at the wall. Make a mark where one of the lights high and low beams light and aim the scoot there. But now, how does one take the headlight cover off. Does those two screw below the headlight have to do with it?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2021, 08:41:49 PM »
Photos please.
Often the headlight cover is affixed in the front handlebar panel. Glued or screwed.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 12:39:29 AM »
Photos please.
Often the headlight cover is affixed in the front handlebar panel. Glued or screwed.

Stig
Not familiar how to move photo's into a post

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2021, 12:27:48 PM »
to add photo-

under the 'reply' text box you click on 'Attachments and other options'

then under Attach: click on the 'Choose File' box. This will let you choose a photo from your computer. There is a size limit of 1 MB for pics.

I take pics with my phone and email them to myself (my phone lets me resize the pics before sending). I open my email on laptop, save pic to 'my pictures'...and post when needed.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 01:23:47 PM »
to add photo-

then under Attach: click on the 'Choose File' box. This will let you choose a photo from your computer. There is a size limit of 1 MB for pics.

I take pics with my phone and email them to myself (my phone lets me resize the pics before sending). I open my email on laptop, save pic to 'my pictures'...and post when needed.
to add photo-

IAHAWK
10-4, Thanks Hombre

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2021, 02:30:01 PM »
Sorry it took so long, there was a short between my head set

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2021, 12:51:25 AM »
good looking scoot! Kind of like that big headlight and is that flat black? Looks good in the pic.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2021, 02:18:36 PM »
good looking scoot! Kind of like that big headlight and is that flat black? Looks good in the pic.

Yep, it's Flat Black And  just recently purchased it new. But the first night I drove it I found that the headlights are seriously out of adjustment, almost not enough light to find my way home.

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »
Photos please.

Stig
There is a button just below the headlight cover that when removed shows a big Phillips screw head. I unscrewed it and nothing released. There are two of those push pins on the top of the front assembly just above the headlight cover that I am averse to pushing not sure that they are connected with the headlight cover. But what else could they be?

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2021, 03:44:42 PM »
Okay, here's the deal with Headlight aiming on the 2021 Super 8 150. The entire headlight assembly unscrews from behind the cowling with 3 Phillips screws on each side, plus the big Phillips screw on the front. The clear headlight lens is screwed internally to to the headlight assembly with about 8 screws.  The headlight bulbs are encased in two housings that don't appear to have any adjustments. Methinks this headlight system is strictly as  a warning to approaching drivers,  so that we can be seen better. I may be wrong about no adjustment screws, but I am just not ever going to ride at night. If the dealer would provide me with a 2021 Owners manual for the 2021 Super 8, 150X i might find a clue to the problem.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()