Author Topic: Performance upgrade  (Read 1264 times)

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
Performance upgrade
« on: May 17, 2021, 05:05:08 PM »
Has any of you 2021 Super 8 150 owners tried the so called Stage 3 performance upgrade. How satisfied are Y'all with it? Where did you get the  kit, etc?

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Performance upgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 06:26:16 PM »
Nope, both my Super 8's are bone stock.  Don't want to compromise reliabilty or resale.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Geezyrideer1995

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 03:06:24 AM »
Nope, both my Super 8's are bone stock.  Don't want to compromise reliabilty or resale.

Yes, I tend to agree with you as messing with the reliability is concerned.  But let me ask a question about tire pressures. On what weight rider do they set their pressure guidance. Methinks it would be for one of about 150 pounds. I have a 2021 Super 8 150X. with a tail trunk that probably adds 30 extra pounds, the tail trunk rack alone probably adds 15 pounds by itself. I weigh 189 pounds so with the tail tail trunk loaded I am probably running over 210 lbs. I am thinking of adding 4 more pounds of air pressure  to the rear  tire. Surely the tire will wear quicker. but probably provide better stability and maybe even a tiny bit extra on the speedometer. If not help a little on fuel mileage.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 03:42:51 AM »
Should have maximum tire  pressure on the side of the tire.  You can play with the pressure to suit your needs.  In the owners manual of my other Kymco's it gives the pressure recommend for solo or double riders, about 4 pounds difference.  I weigh around 230 and run recomended pressure for a smooth ride.  Keep in mind too much pressure and the contact patch of rubber on the road will decrease.  I never bought my scooters for speed or fuel mileage but for entertainment.  I'm retired so just not in that big of hurry to get somewhere.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 03:54:32 AM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »
Yeah, manual will list single and double rider PSI for tires. 4+ PSI added may exceed even double rider figures. 
Figures on sidewall = tire damage if exceeded....and are well above actual riding numbers.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2021, 10:55:02 AM »
Best and cheapest way to upgrade performance is to buy bigger displacement bike scooter, period.

Tires, stick with OEM requirement----my experience over 400 bike tires since 1955

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()