Author Topic: A question  (Read 1192 times)

justdon

• View Profile
A question
« on: May 08, 2021, 03:13:41 AM »
Iam brandhttps://images.offerup.com/1afzkK8NzaSKiEtVhv6clhmprtk=/1440x1920/eea2/eea240d88e4b43358b593be01ddf6375.jpg new here and i think iam going to purchase this grand vista.It's a 2007 and they want 1100 for it would this be a good buy?I can't seem to get the picture to load but it looks pretty good don't know how many miles are on it yet.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 03:19:07 AM by justdon »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: A question
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 01:48:13 PM »
Gather all the information you can get first!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 06:42:10 PM »
Not enough info!

Does it start and run? Does it show damage, abuse, neglect? Is it complete? Mileage? Do all the electrical systems work? Is it properly registered with no penalties to pay? Tires worn? Oil clean and level full?

2009 GV 250

jak51

• Northeast Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 07:22:00 PM »
Ditto to what everyone has already said.  Understand that the GV 250 is an excellent scoot, but it has been out of production for years.  Some replacement parts may be difficult to locate.  Assuming everything works, including the power mirrors, and the scoot has a clear title with good, consistent service records, the price is reasonable.  BUT that is for a scoot that works well, rides well, and has been checked out to ensure no hidden problems.  Do your due diligence.

I have a 2007 GV 250, and am really pleased with it.  I bought my bike used from the dealer who originally sold it to its first owner, and maintained the scoot for all the years before I bought it.

Jeff

justdon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 08:33:55 PM »
Thank you so much for all your info.I still might pass on it because the lady said she doen't think she can find the title and would give me a bill of sale.I don't buy any vehicle and the owner does not have the title.And even with the title i always run the vin number.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 11:07:46 PM »
Thank you so much for all your info.I still might pass on it because the lady said she doen't think she can find the title and would give me a bill of sale.I don't buy any vehicle and the owner does not have the title.And even with the title i always run the vin number.
Yeah,  without a title it's just a parts bike. If she is the owner of the title she can request a duplicate from the state.  If it's a clean low mileage scooter and she could get a title it wouldn't be a bad deal, (I call them garage queens).  In KS you have to have a vin inspection before you can title a out of state vechicle.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 02:33:37 AM »
It looks like you are in perfect position to make a lowball offer, assuming it runs and everything is there and works. And you can verify it is not stolen.

I love the GV250: enough power and excellent maneuverability. I have owned three of them. I paid $875 for a 2009 with 19,000 miles on it but it was given excellent care. My first one cost $1500 with 8500 miles, good overall condition. My latest, 2008, cost $900 with 8000 miles, fair condition (needed two tires, a starter relay, some cosmetic issues. All of them started and ran fine.

For generic parts I use ebay and Leesons for dealer oem parts: https://www.leesonsarcticcat.com/oempartfinder

I, and others, remove the lumbar support to get more space on the saddle.

Go for it! It's a great scooter.

2009 GV 250

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 02:15:02 AM »
It looks like you are in perfect position to make a lowball offer, assuming it runs and everything is there and works. And you can verify it is not stolen.

I love the GV250: enough power and excellent maneuverability. I have owned three of them. I paid $875 for a 2009 with 19,000 miles on it but it was given excellent care. My first one cost $1500 with 8500 miles, good overall condition. My latest, 2008, cost $900 with 8000 miles, fair condition (needed two tires, a starter relay, some cosmetic issues. All of them started and ran fine.

For generic parts I use ebay and Leesons for dealer oem parts: https://www.leesonsarcticcat.com/oempartfinder

I, and others, remove the lumbar support to get more space on the saddle.

Go for it! It's a great scooter.
I will echo the comments about the GV .  I own several Kymco's models and the GV is one of my favorites, not as heavy as the Xicting series or as wide. 
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()