Author Topic: Need help asap  (Read 452 times)

Keoki71

• View Profile
Need help asap
« on: May 06, 2021, 04:23:24 AM »
I’m new working on a kymco agility 50cc 2016 , I put a tight belt on my clutch and variator, there was no slack and that time I didn’t know anything, just order a variator and clutch performance kit and slap everything on, when I start it had a loud grinding noise, I crank it over couple times to see we’re the problem is coming from, my hunch was the variator so I put the old variator and old belt, and start it up and ran good few secs and made that grinding binding noise, so I’m at point I give up and throw the bike away, plz help.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Need help asap
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:53:55 AM »
I’m new working on a kymco agility 50cc 2016 , I put a tight belt on my clutch and variator, there was no slack and that time I didn’t know anything, just order a variator and clutch performance kit and slap everything on, when I start it had a loud grinding noise, I crank it over couple times to see we’re the problem is coming from, my hunch was the variator so I put the old variator and old belt, and start it up and ran good few secs and made that grinding binding noise, so I’m at point I give up and throw the bike away, plz help.

Any chance you can shoot a video of it with the old parts on?
Don't give up, yet!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 09:50:27 PM »
I assume this scooter has a backup kick starter.  Does it work now after your belt replacement? What sometimes happens is that the starter return spring slips out of position and will cause a grinding noise. Does the starter lever return to the top position after you  push it down? Check out this video...
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 11:34:24 PM »
I assume this scooter has a backup kick starter.  Does it work now after your belt replacement? What sometimes happens is that the starter return spring slips out of position and will cause a grinding noise. Does the starter lever return to the top position after you  push it down? Check out this video...

Nice find Blue!!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Keoki71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 05:30:08 AM »
Thanks guys for reply’s and helping me out, but I am idiot found the solution to the nut that holds the gear and the variator was loose I impacted gun it, thought it was tight, as I start it the nut comes loose causing the fan to rub against the kick starter gears

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()