Author Topic: To much junk, need a trunk.  (Read 389 times)

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
To much junk, need a trunk.
« on: April 20, 2021, 05:32:24 PM »
Hello everyone.

So I have been thinking about getting a rear trunk to fasten to my luggage rack. I recently bought a rain suit and it will not fit under the seat with my chain, spare tools helmet and lunchbox. Anyone have any good recommendation s for lockable trunks?
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: To much junk, need a trunk.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 10:14:07 AM »
@ashrauth,
I'm having this GIVI 46 ltrs topcase, which would cover your requirements. It's solid, removeable (plate stays on the carrier) has a handle....
Well, brings a lot of weight on your rear and looks a little bit too big for a small scoot.
The OEM Kymco (white) has around 30 ltrs and is just a jota too small sometimes and is fixed on the carrier. In practice any topcase available to you would work. There are some NoName out there, which fulfill all...all depends how much you want to spend. If you have the chance, go somewhere and check up on several types and brands.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 12:36:48 PM »
yes, i bought a cheap Bestem top case a few years back at the suggestion of Stig. I think you need to determine how much you want to spend and how big and solid of a case you need. It seems they go from cheap, no name ones to very expensive name brand.

My inexpensive one works great for the few times I use it..but you may need something more secure?

Amazon is your friend in searches like these.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 12:43:09 PM »
yes, i bought a cheap Bestem top case a few years back at the suggestion of Stig. I think you need to determine how much you want to spend and how big and solid of a case you need. It seems they go from cheap, no name ones to very expensive name brand.

My inexpensive one works great for the few times I use it..but you may need something more secure?

Amazon is your friend in searches like these.
My BESTEM model #929 has been working great for 8 yrs. The brake and 'running' LEDs, too!
Some cases come with the mounting system hardware - some don't.
Some fall off if mounted poorly.
Get it right the first time if possible!
There are 100's to choose from on the web.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()