Author Topic: How to derestrict kymco agility city 50  (Read 3743 times)

Matuna3343

• View Profile
How to derestrict kymco agility city 50
« on: February 22, 2021, 06:47:32 AM »
I have read on the internet that some of kymco scooters have cdi restrictions, on some you cut a wire on some you change the cdi. I wanna know what restrictions do my kymco agility city 50 4t 2009 has and how to remove them. Some of them say that there Is restrictions on the variator, a bush with ridge that i need to replace it with smooth bush.
If anyone knows what restrictions does my kymco has
Thanks in advance

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: How to derestrict kymco agility city 50
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 08:49:46 AM »
This topic has been covered many times in this forum, but I don't know how to direct you the previous posts.  The main point is that the main restriction is in the maximum RPM permitted by the CDI unit.  Unrestricted Chinese CDIs are cheap between $10-$20, including postage.  There are two kinds of CDI: AC or DC.  Most Kymcos are DC.  If you install an AC unit by mistake, it will blow the main fuse.  The wonderful feature of Communist Chinese technology is that all Chinese scooter parts fit all other Chinese scooters. It doesn't mean they're all the same, though! Some are for tiddling to the market, and others are for all out racing. But they're cheap and interchangeable. If you don't like one, buy another. It's awesome! BTW: in the attached photo, items B & C are too high performance and ratty to live with.  "A" is my favorite, but there's dozens more models available.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 08:53:37 AM by JJJoseph »

Matuna3343

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 09:14:16 AM »
Thanks for the help if i understood correctly there Is one restrictions on kymco agility city 50cc 4t and that is cdi.There is no restrictions on variator as i understood.Can i derestrict it by myself by cutting wire or i should buy derestricted cdi.if i need to buy cdi i will buy from aliexpress, but on review some of them say that cdi from aliexpress blow t electric installation. Is it safe to buy derestricted cdi from aliexpress as long as i put the correct Ac and Dc. My is Dc

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:06:23 AM »
Example "D" in the photo above show how to cut the CDI.  It works OK.  Aliexpress doesn't explain how each CDI works.  Some are for rental scooters (restricted, low speed), some are for racing.  Buy several.  They're cheap.  Try cutting your own CDI as shown. You're not going to get much of a speed increase because it's only 50cc, like only 2 or 3hp.  By riding at wide-open throttle, 10,000rpm, you're eventually going to explode the engine sooner or later anyway!

Matuna3343

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2021, 08:09:53 AM »
My kymco agility city 50 4t has 8 pin cdi i read that i need to cut purple wire and that will derestrict it so i will try that first
Btw Thanks for the help

Matuna3343

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 09:32:48 AM »
Btw what is the max rpm of kymco 4t 50cc and idle rpm at 65kph how much rpm should it be

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()