Author Topic: Need a high torque starter  (Read 607 times)

Masbi123

• View Profile
Need a high torque starter
« on: January 25, 2021, 06:34:40 AM »
Hi there I put a big bore kit on my 50cc and it was nice until the kick-starting mechanism broke. The broken piece is part of the left crankcase cover. I can't find this cover anywhere so if you guys know where I can find that that would be amazing.

Anyway, I always had problems with the electric starter not being strong enough to start the engine even though it would crank a little which is why I was kick-starting it but now that the kickstarter is kinda busted I wanted to find a high torque starter that would be compatible with my agility and I'm not sure if I should buy a bigger battery or just buy a brand new battery. Please help me guys. My scooter was running fine before the thing that holds the kickstarter mechanism( which is part of the case cover) broke.

Masbi123

• View Profile
Re: Need a high torque starter
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 07:10:07 AM »
I forgot to mention it is a 2006 4 stroke

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 11:16:49 AM »
I have the same broken support on the inside of my Agility CVT cover and a 72cc BBK.  Even before the BBK installation my starter struggled (the ground wire would get very hot).  The bearings/bushings in the old starter were badly worn and dragging (over 8,000 km's on the odometer).  I just purchased an inexpensive GY6 starter replacement which has worked okay since installation.  I know of no "high torque starter" on the market nor a reasonably priced source for a replacement CVT cover.  I do have a relatively new correctly-sized battery.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 07:16:49 AM »
I can't find this cover anywhere so if you guys know where I can find that that would be amazing.

Use any 50cc Chinese cover. 50cc Kymcos are the QMB39/GY6 Chinese engines.  Any Chinese 50cc part fits any other 50cc Chinese engine.  Just make sure it's the right size, i.e. a "short case" for 10" wheels or a "long case" for 12"+ wheels.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()