Author Topic: is adding an aftermarket horn possible?  (Read 14176 times)

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: is adding an aftermarket horn possible?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2021, 09:24:13 AM »
FWIW, When digging into this excellent winter project, I found that my Kymco has only a 7-amp glass fuse to protect itself, so a relay is essential when adding a horn!

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2021, 11:24:59 PM »
I wish i could do pictures like Stig!
It's possible to do in-line pictures like Stig, but he deletes them immediately.  No explanation.
Stig, tell us what's the problem with in-line photos!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2021, 09:47:28 PM »
It's possible to do in-line pictures like Stig, but he deletes them immediately.  No explanation.
Stig, tell us what's the problem with in-line photos!

Two points: What's an "in-line" picture? Not familiar with that term.
                  WHO deletes your pictures immediately?
 It's not the admin., or this moderator.

To insert  photos into your posts on the forum I suggest finding a free photo hosting site on the web that is easy and compatible with forums.
Use it, or your PC, to properly size, crop, color edit, etc. your photo to an appropriately sized picture for a forum. I add pictures to my posts on 4 different scooter forums.

I know what works with my cameras, my PC, and my host - for posting on 4 different scooter forums.  I would not presume to know what will work best for you.

Some forum systems will "refuse" massive photos, others will fix them for you. We've had some massive pix get in here.

Stig

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:50:44 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2021, 10:40:55 PM »
Stig, I think he's referring to the way you are able to embed your full sized photos in the body of your messages. The rest of us can only attach a thumbnail photo that needs to be clicked on in order to open up a full sized pic.

Another forum I'm on gives you the option of embedding your pic in the message OR attaching thumbnails. I don't believe our Kymco forum gives us that option.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2021, 11:36:46 PM »
Stig, I think he's referring to the way you are able to embed your full sized photos in the body of your messages. The rest of us can only attach a thumbnail photo that needs to be clicked on in order to open up a full sized pic.

Another forum I'm on gives you the option of embedding your pic in the message OR attaching thumbnails. I don't believe our Kymco forum gives us that option.
Ah, now I understand. Always wondered why folks post "click" pix, rather than full sized. I don't use an "option" from our forum.....just grab and post my image into my posts from the host.

And, again - I'm not deleting anyone's photos. I like scooter photos - would rather see a scooter than read 6 paragraphs!
Thanx for the explanation!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2021, 02:52:31 AM »
Using the excellent information here, I added an aftermarket car horn to my existing Kymco (Sento 100) horn.  Now it sounds like a 1960s Cadillac! The biggest challenge was modifying the front body panel so I could get at the electrics easily.  The rest was straightforward wiring and moving bits around to clear the bodywork.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2021, 02:57:45 AM by JJJoseph »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()