Author Topic: Carb leaking through hose  (Read 1466 times)

brianmckewen

• View Profile
Carb leaking through hose
« on: December 25, 2020, 11:30:58 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone! I cleaned out my carb yesterday. Not pretty inside. Good news is it started right up. Bad news is one mounting hole for bystarter screw broke off and pilot screw top where slot is to remove it is broken off so I could not remove it. Also there is a rubber hose on top left side of carb about two inches long that comes out and then points straight down. A vent? Anyway, fuel squirts out of it. Quite a bit, when running. So, two questions. Where can I shop for a new carb and what is this hose for and why would it be leaking gas? Thanks for reading. Brian.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Carb leaking through hose
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 12:14:33 AM »
and Merry Christmas to you!..yes, that is a vent hose, but I can't answer why it is dumping lots of gas out..it is there to vent the float bowl to atmosphere so a vacuum isn't created..as far as finding a new carb, you can order an OEM one through any Kymco dealer or use any of the listed sites under General Discussion, 'buy Kymco parts in the USA here'.

You can probably also source an aftermarket carb on Amazon, etc. Our S200 carb is a little different than the typical 150cc GY6 carb in that it also has an electronic throttle position sensor..I just did a quick search on Amazon and didn't immediately see anything for our scoot..

Solano Cycle has our complete carb listed at $211

https://solanocycle.dealerspikeparts.com/oemparts/a/kym/5b50e9bd87a866110c2e0996/carburetor
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

brianmckewen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 03:33:52 PM »
Thanks Iahawk. Stupid me did not remove float and fuel shut off needle. I am guessing the bowl is overflowing with gas. Rats. Will take apart again and check condition of needle. Also thanks for finding carb for me. Found another one from powersportswarehouse.com for $180. Took a while to find but both sites are good for parts I think. Brian.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2020, 04:42:09 PM »
are we going to see pics of your new scoot as well as your Helix? We love pics!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

brianmckewen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 03:39:15 PM »
Pictures? Ha. Sorry. I still have a flip phone. Will get son to help me with that. First have to finish buttoning up the Helix. Spent the last 2 years replacing radiator, cylinder head and jug, body panels, seat, water pump, and other small items not to mention finally getting my KZ on the road. That was a chore in itself. Extensive carb rebuilding for that. I got the S 200 running yesterday. Will idle fine but only for a few seconds. Probably because pilot needle is clogged and I cannot remove it to clean. Found the fuel shut off needle dirty and sticking. That is why fuel was coming out of vent hose.  Will order new carb this week then all should be well. We shall see. Hope to have all bikes up and running properly by spring. Will get a few days of riding in here and there this winter but not many. Looks like it will be a chilly season here. Last year was warmer than usual but this winter looks like it will be a cold one. Thanks for all the help Iahawk. I will keep you all posted of my progress, or anti-progress. Which ever comes first. Brian.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »
You must be a glutton for punishment..but I love it! Keeping old bikes on the road has gotta be fulfilling. We love all scoots (and bikes) on this forum. Would really like to see pics sometime of your progress on the Helix..called by some the best scooter ever made.
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()