Author Topic: New to forum  (Read 1203 times)

brianmckewen

• View Profile
New to forum
« on: December 20, 2020, 12:51:56 PM »
Hey gang. I just bought a 2009 People 200s. Been sitting for a while. Drained the gas and will change engine oil and rear drive oil. Anything else I should look at? I am also going to put a fuel filter on. Should have had one from the factory in my opinion. Also need to cover some scratches on the red paint. Any suggestions on where to get touch up paint that will reasonably match the color. Thanks. Brian.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: New to forum
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2020, 04:26:48 PM »
welcome to the forum from a fellow S200 owner! How many miles on your scoot? Do you know the history of it? Any pics you can share with us? We love pics.

When refilling the rear gear oil use the amount stamped on the cvt cover..180 ml, I believe, and don't just fill until it runs out the fill hole. That's way too much and the extra will get vented into your airbox, ruining your air filter. Most of us use a large syringe to fill the correct amount of gear oil.

No real problem areas with this scoot. All my issues have been maintenance type issues on wear items that are easily fixed (cleaning pilot jet in carb, new rear brakes, sanded off the glaze on clutch pads and most recently, changing fork oil).

Might want to check/change the front brake fluid, that is one that gets neglected, and clean up and lube your front caliper. Valve clearance may need to be checked, depending on your mileage, air filter, plug, the usual things.

There's a sticky in the s200 forum showing the process for removing all the plastics and everything else to get the rear wheel off..it's a useful skill to have with this scoot.

Finally, where are you located? It helps people give you better answers to your question if we know the country you're in.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2020, 06:07:02 PM »
Welcome!

Does it run?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2020, 08:03:31 PM »
By all means, welcome! You will have fun on the scoot and here!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

brianmckewen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2020, 09:24:54 PM »
Scoot has 2500 miles on it. Got it running today but not for long. Will take carb apart next weekend. Probably dirty. I live on Eastern Shore Md.
2009 Kymco People S200
2022 Honda Navi
2022 Honda ADV 150

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 09:50:55 PM »
when mine sits for long periods of time the pilot jet tends to clog. I use ethanol free fuel and marine Stabil but it still happens. I do drain the carb bowl if I know it's going to sit for a while (like I did today, after changing engine and gear oil, to put her away for the long winter)

I'm able to unhook my carb from both the air box and the intake manifold and just flip it over, without unhooking anything else...this lets me get the bowl off to access the main and pilot jets. That's all mine has ever needed but a more thorough cleaning may be needed if yours has sat for a long time.

Can't offer any help for the touch up paint...other than searching for companies that provide color matched touch up paint for motorcycles? I easily found that for my Kawasaki motorcycle. I know in the past we could buy color matched plastics for our scoot..not sure if those are still being offered.

2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()