Author Topic: Stator replacement  (Read 1386 times)

Butch1978

• View Profile
Stator replacement
« on: August 21, 2020, 12:14:40 PM »
I ordered a new stator for my Kymco Super 9, it arrived the other day so I thought I would have a crack at it today! When I took the flywheel off the current stator had 6 parts on it, but the new one had 8! Now when I ordered the new one it showed it fitted my model! So I assumed this was an after market stator and having 2 more parts on it didn’t matter! I then released that on the old wiring from the stator there was a black wire coming off before the plug to the loom and connected to another wire, the new one didn’t have this! So again I though not original! I put the stator on, but couldn’t put the fly wheel over the stator! I then took the stator off, and it appears the stator is too big for the fly wheel!
Now my question is should I of brought a new fly wheel or is it basically the wrong stator?

dan v.

• View Profile
Re: Stator replacement
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »
Ordered from whom?  OEM Kymco part?  What year Super 9?

It's been a while so I am going from memory, but the later years of the S9 were air cooled vs the liquid cooled ones.  They were also DC vs AC, or I could have that backwards.

That may explain why your new part doesn't fit.

So you have to know what you have in order to get parts.  The Kymco parts suppliers have a parts fiche for your year of scoot - the place to start when looking for parts.

05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

Butch1978

• View Profile
Re: Stator replacement
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 07:09:17 AM »
Thanks for your reply! It’s a 2009 AC. I ordered it off eBay! But it did say it fitted the AC ,  I found the kymco parts site last night and put in my vehicle and it shows the stator should on have 6 and not 8 parts to it! It’s about £30 more expensive but it’s obviously the right one

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()