Author Topic: Help with mirrors. Need part supplier  (Read 2562 times)

Bobrinaldi

• View Profile
Help with mirrors. Need part supplier
« on: August 16, 2020, 11:54:05 PM »
Just bought a 2009 GV and the left mirror attachment is broken. Just need to replace the arm, part number 88126. Can’t seem to find it anywhere online. Would even be happy buying a whole new mirror assembly but can’t seem to find one either. Scooter color is red. Any suggestions? New or used parts, i don’t care.

stuo

• View Profile
Re: Help with mirrors. Need part supplier
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 10:21:16 PM »
 I bought a new mirror assembly on ebay. There is a company in Israel that was (is?) selling GV 250 mirrors on ebay.
2009 GV 250

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 07:12:39 AM »
There was a supplier on ebay selling the blocks the mirror mounts to for $39. but don't see it listed now.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 08:36:30 PM »
The aluminum casting that the mirror attaches to with those two 3mm allen screws is easily stripped if you over tighten the screws, then you can either buy a thread repair kit consisting of two tubes of epoxy or JB weld a nut on the back of the plate to replace the stripped threads. I concur with Kansas: the company selling the plate on ebay has gone away.
2009 GV 250

Pablo.gyds03

• San Diego, CA
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 11:57:11 PM »
Call your local Kymco dealer (if you have one close by) and have them order you the part. If you don't have a local dealer just call the closest one or go to their website parts section, you can probably have them ship to you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:00:15 AM by Pablo.gyds03 »
-
Paul

05 Kymco Grand Vista 250
93 Kawasaki KLR 650
16 KTM 1290 Super Duke R
12 SkyTeam 125 (Honda CT70/Dax Clone)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 12:42:31 AM »
I know this is a old thread but it might help others. I ordered a left hand mirror base from my local Kymco dealer for $29.95 + tax

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 01:26:34 PM »
good reminder to not forget about our local dealers!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

daybeau

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2021, 07:29:07 PM »
Just a confirmation that in May 2021 eBay provided the only contact to a vendor that claimed to have a left mirror base ( the part that seems to break most often on the mirror assembly). With shipping and sales tax (for New Jersey), I was charged GBP 31.04, which translated to about $42 I think. Much less than prices listed by other parts sellers for the entire mirror assembly, which was not in stock anyway.
2009 KYMCO Grandvista 250 white (only mod besides the top case is some JB Weld trying to hold the left mirror mount together)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021, 08:38:49 PM »
Did you read my earlier post? Ordered through a Kymco dealer for $29.95 plus tax

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2021, 06:42:03 AM »
Did you read my earlier post? Ordered through a Kymco dealer for $29.95 plus tax
Where is anyone going to find a "Kymco dealer"?  There aren't any!  The nearest one I've found is in France!

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2021, 11:37:30 AM »
Where is anyone going to find a "Kymco dealer"?  There aren't any!  The nearest one I've found is in France!
I have 3 Kymco dealers within 40 miles of my house and go to one about 20 minutes away.  I have ordered a lot of parts from Greese for Windscreens and new seat covers.  It would suck not to have a dealer network to support your Kymco. I ran into that trying to track down parts for my Lambretta Uno that was sold in the US for one year 2008.

jak51

• Northeast Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2021, 01:56:58 AM »

I have a Kymco dealer in town.  But I've ordered OEM parts for my GV from a dealer in Arizona.  Do a Google search; you'll find lots of Kymco dealers who sell parts and ship them out to wherever you are.  They all have phones.  Some even display their parts inventory online at their websites.

Jeff

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2021, 02:44:41 AM »
Like Stig and others I use the Internet for a lot of parts.  I do enjoy riding the Scooter down to Dan's Cycle on old hwy 81 to see new model bikes. His prices on parts is competitive with the internet suppliers. 

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2021, 05:57:27 AM »
I have 3 Kymco dealers within 40 miles of my house and go to one about 20 minutes away.

Many folks say the same thing, but nobody says who the dealers are (names) or where (phone #'s?).  Google searching doesn't turn up any useful info, especially for parts. 

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2021, 08:11:57 AM »
Many folks say the same thing, but nobody says who the dealers are (names) or where (phone #'s?).  Google searching doesn't turn up any useful info, especially for parts.
I just told you of one www.danscycle.com  620-327-5001 www.elyskawasakiinc.com  620-665-8962  both of these dealers can order parts or you can google Kymco's web site USA and pick a state closest to you to lower shipping cost.  Neither of these dealers carry much inventory but can order parts. Solano cycle in Florida has 3 locations and is the largest Kymco dealer specializing in scooters  www.solanocycle.com   or www.solanocycle.dealerspikeparts.com  For after market  accessories it's hard to beat Italy or Greese . I get all seat covers from Greese that specializes in manufacturing of them and will do color combos of your choice.  I've ordered windscreens  from Greese as well but not as satisfied with the fit.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 08:22:51 AM by Kansas kymco »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()