Author Topic: Starting a maintenance parts list to get ordered  (Read 1856 times)

express77

• View Profile
Starting a maintenance parts list to get ordered
« on: June 20, 2020, 01:16:13 AM »
I'm starting to look for parts just do freshen them up.  I bought this super fever last year and with previous owners, you never know how they treated it.  I'm planning to change them out this winter when I won't be able to ride.  This way I can take my time ordering and not be delayed waiting on shipping.  Any recommendations on online sites?  Not a lot of options in my area.

Also, does this parts list look good for some basic items to change out?  Any additional recommendations?

My parts list I am thinking of getting:
Front and Back Tire(Any recommendations?)
Brake pads and disc
Brake shoes for the rear
All the lights, headlights, rear, blinkers - Change to LED
Some decent 2 stroke oil, royal purple?
Unrestricted drive boss for some speed increases
Lighter Rollers/tuning for some increased speed next year
Drive belt just to have on hand
bearings?

Some items might not need to be changed, like brakes/tires, but I don't mind just getting it all refreshed.  At least having the parts on standby so I wouldn't have to wait a long time to find and ship them in the middle of a summer season.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a maintenance parts list to get ordered
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 01:40:02 AM »
The brake pads and rotors don't die from age. At most I would clean and lubricate cables and hinge points in the brake system. Also, make sure you have brake fluid in the front. Bearings depend on mileage. If they feel good they probably are ok.
Become the best you can with what you have.

robmsz

• Keepem poppin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 02:21:10 AM »
I have around 15km on mine the only things I’ve changed is CDI boxes, tires Avon vipers and maybe front pads. Oh, and I changed a jug only because my oil line came off.
‘04 zx50 Stock

‘’07 Kawasaki, EN 500

express77

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 03:27:28 AM »
I have about 3500km on mine. I think I paid about $550 last year.  I have lots of life left in this.  I'll look into lubricating the cables and hinge points.  You just put lubrication(what kind) right on the cables?  Hinge points would be where the cables are bending I assume?  Does this prevent cracking or something?

Sorry, I am quite a noob to all this.  I am closing on my first house in one month.  I can't wait to have a big garage finally that I can have room to do stuff, take some things apart and leave it for a day or two and still have room to park the car in.

I did install a big bore kit in one of those Chinese mopeds last summer.  It worked, though the metal that holds the muffler to the engine broke...not related to my work, just was slowly breaking off. Which is what prompted me to look for a new scooter.  Luckily I found this nice deal :).  So I am a noob, but not mechanically stupid once I get in there.

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 03:56:05 AM »
By hinge I mean where the rear brake arm rotates to expand the rear brake pads. It make the brake a little smoother and efficient. For the cables, brake and throttle, I would just pour a light oil down them until it reaches the far end.

express77

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 10:33:53 PM »
By hinge I mean where the rear brake arm rotates to expand the rear brake pads. It make the brake a little smoother and efficient. For the cables, brake and throttle, I would just pour a light oil down them until it reaches the far end.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll do that in about a month when I move into my house.

express77

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 03:16:46 AM »
Anyone have recommendations for where to buy parts in the US?

TBR125

• East Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 04:05:56 AM »
They all originate from Taiwan if I am not mistaken. Check the sticky topic in general discussion labeled "buy kymco parts here" for info on who carries parts in the US.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 09:46:29 AM »
More essential components to get the scooter going should be:

1. Variator tool.
2. Extra CDI.
3. Extra voltage regulater.
4. Extra starter Solenoid.
5. Extra fuses.
6. Multimeter.

Rear brake pads will be a waste of money. It seem to last for ever.
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()