Author Topic: New and new to me 2010 Like 50!!!  (Read 1673 times)

2T_Nick

• View Profile
New and new to me 2010 Like 50!!!
« on: May 19, 2020, 03:24:03 PM »
First off, this is my first time posting but I've been lurking for years. Solid info in here!

I've been on the hunt for a new scooter for months. I recently sold my old 2001 kymco people 50 after not wanting to put money into it from sitting for 6 years. When I bought it, it was de-restricted and did 45mph with my wife and I on it. Such a great old scooter that I knew I wanted another kymco. Found a few locally that I really liked but they had issues with the title or needed work to get running.

Stumbled on the one I bought last weekend (pics attached). It was the exact situation I wanted, great seller and everything matched up against what he was saying. Good title, scooter was in the exact condition they stated it was.

I took it for a test ride, it did right about 35mph and was the smoothest scooter I've ever ridden, the damn thing had 18 miles on it...yes, 18 miles. I asked how it could still run so well and kick on so easily after 10 years and only 18 miles. The seller originally had it sitting for a few years as it was for someones daughter to ride for college, she literally never rode it and didn't want to. The person I bought it from bought it from them and thought they'd ride it but they didn't. The person I got it from has a father that was a mechanic his whole life, he started it and let it idle each week for years and rode it down the street a few times. I couldn't believe it. I instantly bought it.

I will be doing a variator, bigger jet and exhaust to get it de-restricted so my wife and I can safely do 40mph in it and get there quickly. I have a lot of experience with variated two strokes. I built two stroke mopeds for years. Tomos, puch, honda, etc. I have a hobbit that was able to achieve 74mph and at one point was one of the fastest air cooled mopeds in the country. I'm not wanting the like 50 to be anywhere near that fast but I know how to get it where I want it.

TLDR, I found a kymco like 50 with 18 miles and it all checked out. Bought it instantly after test riding it.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:27:47 PM by 2T_Nick »

2T_Nick

• View Profile
Re: New and new to me 2010 Like 50!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:00:57 PM »
Also, anyone know if this actually fits the like 50? I'm looking for an exhaust that is mild for a basic 50cc setup.

https://scooterpartsco.com/kymco/kymco-like-50/malossi-exhaust-for-kymco-like-50?zenid=9a92b1fc3bbc5620c1d4a0619bc286e8

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()