Author Topic: Wiring help  (Read 3262 times)

MNgopher

• View Profile
Wiring help
« on: March 31, 2020, 09:25:15 PM »
Hey Guys,  New guy here and need some help.  Went through all the posts and have a headache.  My son has a scooter (2013 Super 8 50 2t) from college that was Stolen and then was found by the police. However the thing is pretty beat up and they cut the ignition wires. Cut both connectors off.  I"m trying to get it running so I can sell it.  I've figured out how to get the starter and lights working..  However There are two wires I can't figure out where I should connect.  There are 5 wires coming from the from the ignition switch.  red, black, two greens and and a black with white stripe.   The harness has 6 wires red, two blue/black, two greens, and a blue/green. Ive hooked the red to red. black coming from ignition to the 2 blue/black wires and the two green to the two greens. Its starts and everything except the rear tail light does not seems to work. and three of the four turn signals are busted off so not quite sure on those.    My question is what do I do with the Black/white wire coming from the ignition and what do I do with the blue/green wire in the Harness.  From what I can tell it comes from the stators pick up coil.  but it confuses me given it starts and seems to run just fine..   Would love to have someone tell me what the heck to do with those two wires.  The black/white coming from the ignition switch and the blue green coming from the harness. 

Thanks in advance..   

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Wiring help
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 06:11:20 PM »
I have a wiring diagram for the European Super 8 2T.  The black/white wire bypasses the multi-pin connector and has a male end which plugs into a female wire end.  This wire appears to branch into 2 wires, 1 going to the pulse and 1 going to the CDI.  Could be that one switch position simultaneously ground these 2 components.  Where are you seeing the blue green?     

MNgopher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 06:31:59 PM »
Thanks for responding and your help.  The blue/green wire comes out of the wiring harness that was  connected to the ignition switch.   I assume there was a plastic connector that plugged that harness into a plastic connector that lead to the ignition switch..   I could take a picture if that would help.  I checked the CDI and it does have a blue/green wire in it.  Could it be as simple as connecting the blue/green to the black/white wire from the ignition switch?  I don't see any other wires cut or with a female plug 

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 06:55:08 PM »
My best guess is that you are correct that the blue/green should be connected to the black/white, since, as you say, the blue/green comes out near all the other wires going to the ignition switch.  That would be confirmed by what I'm seeing here but the actual colors on striped wires is difficult to discern in this schematic.

MNgopher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 07:14:01 PM »
ok. Ill give it a shot and see what happens.   Worst thing that could happen is a big poof with lots of smoke!!!  :)  Then I could just sell whats left for parts..   I've got the  CVT torn apart for a good cleaning and new rollers. So wont be able to start it till they come in but i'll hook it up and turn the key on and see what happens then get back to you. hopefully rollers come in soon but Amazon said to expect delays so we shall see..  I 'll report back when they come in and I get it back together.   Thank you very much for checking your schematics and getting back to me..   

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 08:23:01 PM »
Looking again at my fuzzy schematic, when the ignition is turned to OFF or LOCK, the black/white is connected to green.  In other ignition positions the black/white connects to nothing.  Looking forward to your resolution.

MNgopher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 11:32:36 PM »
Hmm. so guess that means the Black/white wire connects to ground (green).    Which leaves me the Blue/Green wire.  Wonder if that then connects to the green (ground) as well.   Guess i'll just take the body panels off and do some wire tracing.  Perhaps i can find what the CDI pins are all about and where they come from and go to.   I will let you know..    Thanks...

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 12:32:42 PM »
No. No.  I guess I was not clear. I believe that the black/white from the ignition switch should be connected to the blue/green from the harness.  I wouldn't do any more than just connecting those two wires.   

MNgopher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 05:33:26 PM »
Ok.   I'll give that a try. Also have been studying CDI's. and believe I have a better understanding of them and what is connected to what pins. I will do some wire tracing and testing.   At the end of this project  I'll have learned something new!!   Thanks again for your help..  I'll keep you posted..     

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()