Author Topic: Kymco ZX50 Super Fever 2006 MORE SPEED  (Read 2596 times)

Alex047

• View Profile
Kymco ZX50 Super Fever 2006 MORE SPEED
« on: February 28, 2020, 04:02:45 PM »
Hi, i want to make my 2006 zx50 super fever faster. Now my zx50 is completely stock i think that the only thing done is the cdi restriction because now my top speed is 45 mph. I wanted to ask if my top speed will increase from fitting an arrow dark extreme exhaust and what roller weights do i need to fit to make my acceleration faster but not to lose on top speed. Im 140 lbs.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco ZX50 Super Fever 2006 MORE SPEED
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
really adding a pipe will only gain you maybe 1-2MPH unless you plan on upping the CC's to 70 with a BBk, then you would also need a new carb as jets for the stock carb are hard to find to properly keep the larger motor running with out it failing.
As to the rollers grab a good roller tuning kit and see what weight/s works best for you as everyone is different. Stock roller weight is 8.5g to start

Alex047

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
What if i fit a giannelli reverse instead of the arrow pipe? Will my top speed also increase 1-2 mph or more?
My friend has an aprilia sr50 2018 and he has only fitted a giannelli reverse and 4.7 gram rollers and his top speed is 56 mph. Also i think that my restriction on the variator boss hasnt been removed so i think thats why my top speed i 45 mph. I have read somewhere that if i remove it my top speed will be 50 mph
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:44:18 AM by Alex047 »

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2020, 12:49:31 PM »
You cant compare the Aprilia SR50 to the ZX50. The Aprilia straight from the box will hit 50MPH with a little fine tuning it will do 60+ I've seen it. The ZX is harder to get the same type of performance.
 The SR was made to be a high performance scooter with twin spark plugs, Liquid cooled with an engine managment computer and most had Direct Fuel Injection (DiTech model), Plus the final drive gearing is different. The ZX is old school Air cooled and carbureted with a taller final drive ratio for better cruising.
  My 2005 ZX50 Super Fever 2 SA10 was upgraded to a 70cc with a mild pipe and Larger 19mm carb and will hit a true 90KPH(56MPH) after I spent about a week playing around with different roller combinations. For more speed I would need to find a final drive gear set which are hard to come by for the ZX as it's not a popular as it once was. Before that it would only hit a true 60-65KPH/35-40MPH speedo read 70+KPH, speed verified by GPS and my wife following in our Van. But the engine was in need of a rebuild as Two-strokes will need every 7500-10,000Km and at over 10yrs old that could account for a lose of some power/speed.
 And it's hard to tell if people who saw 50+MPH were going by an optimistic speedometer{which in my experience with KYMCO's 50cc they are} or GPS?

Alex047

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2020, 06:24:00 PM »
And what do you think what will my top speed be if i do this modifications:
-remove variator boss restriction
-fit 4.7 gram rollers
-fit a giannelli reverse pipe
I have seen a zx50 hit 50 mph(80 kmph) without any modifications the only thing done to it was the cdi restriction and variator boss restriction were removed. Also i wanted to ask if my zx50 will have any overheating problems after doing the modifications i mentioned above because of the air cooling system?

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 01:35:03 PM »
Alex, it doesn't appear as if you have opened up the transmission case to see what you have going on.  If you are in the US the restrictions on a 50cc Kymco were in the variator boss; not typically in the CDI until newer years.  If your spreed exceeds 30mph your restrictions have been removed.

Now if you add an aftermarket, expansion chamber type of pipe you can expect an increase in acceleration and top speed - if you do the rest of the set up correctly.  That is going to lighter rollers, and adding stronger clutch springs.  Your top speed could be increased by 5mph give or take.

Remove your variator weights and weigh them on a scale.  Have a set of weights .5 gm, and 1gm lighter than stock.  Leave 3 stock in, and 3 of the .5 gm lighter - button it up and give it a test run.  Lighten up on the rollers until  you get the results you want.  Don't bother if you do not change out the clutch springs, as it won't work out the way you want.

No one can tell you exactly what weight rollers to use as their are too many variables.  You have to do the wrench work, testing and tuning.

A slight bump up in the main jet size MAY be needed, but depends on the pipe.

Open it up, and check it out.   Good Luck.
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 01:48:44 PM »
no overheating will only occur if you remove the shrouds from around the engine always keep those on.
As to speed it's hard to say. Start with a base line GPS reading as the scooter sits now. then start with the removal of the Boss Restriction but keep the stock rollers in and retest on the same roads.
 Then move to the exhaust replacement make sure you use a larger main jet in the carb when you add the new exhaust. Stock is like an 80-85 move up to an 90-95 main jet just to make sure you're not running the engine too lean with a freer flowing exhaust.
Then lastly make sure you have a few different weights or a variator tuning kit to dial in the best weights for you personally

Alex047

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 06:01:17 PM »
Do i need to change the little clutch springs or the contra spring or both? And they will give me better acceleration because the scooter will start accelerating at higher rpms, right?Are malossi clutch springs and rollers good or should i look for another brand? Im sorry that i ask too much but im new to 50cc tuning so i hope you understand me.Anyway could you tell me more about that "main jet" and what's the purpose of it i dont know what it does i looked up on the Internet and i saw what they look like and the look like screws to me haha
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:07:24 PM by Alex047 »

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »
Change the "little" clutch springs.  Quite often the aftermarket pipes come with them, but it best to buy a set.  Malossi and Polini are good.

Adding a pipe raises the powerband rpm of the engine - the stronger springs in the clutch raise the engagement rpms to get into the powerband.  If you don't change the springs (re-read my comment in my post above) the clutch engages before the engine makes power and the scoot will have a very poor acceleration upon take-off.

Google up Dellorto Tuning Manual and download the PDF.  You will learn how a carb works, and how to tune one.
Grand Rapids, MI

Alex047

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 07:02:49 PM »
Tell me your opinion, what exhaust should i fit? I was thinking between giannelli reverse, giannelli rekord or tecnigas next r. If there is a better exhaust for my scooter from these 3 i mentioned please tell me your suggestion.

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 09:06:29 PM »
IDK, I have no idea about the Gianelli pipes, as they have not been readily available in the US for some time.  You have to do the homework to see the differences in the Gianelli, are they for 70cc scoots, 50 or 70 cc's, and at what  rpm is the powerband?

If you do not change the cylinder and carb, the Technigas should be fine.

I have a feeling you are not in the US?  For years the scooter forums from Europe have crapped on the Technigas pipes - which I think is rather unfounded.
Grand Rapids, MI

Alex047

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 09:26:22 PM »
Often people on the internet say that the gianelli reverse is for 70cc and the gianelli rekord for 50cc but i have seen that the gianelli reverse works just fine on 50cc aprilias. And yes i am from europe

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2020, 02:06:02 PM »
This is a few years old - but it will give you an idea of what one can expect from a pipe:

https://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/sports-exhaust-testing-50cc-and-70cc-sports-mopeds-part-one

Pay attention - you want to choose a pipe with a wide powerband at a lower rpm.  The ones that make the most HP are quite "peaky" and can be a bear to tune the transmission to live with them.
Grand Rapids, MI

Alex047

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 06:13:15 PM »
I think ill go with the gianelli reverse beacause i know that it has better performance than the gianelli extra and i have seen it add around 6 mph on different types of 50cc scooters not just on aprilia. But ill ask my mechanic whay he thinks.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:03:25 PM by Alex047 »

Alex047

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
What do you think for the leo vince zx? Is it good?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()