Author Topic: Throttle but not going  (Read 1419 times)

Hawkeye

• View Profile
Throttle but not going
« on: December 02, 2019, 01:26:16 PM »
Been noticing lately I lose power at different times, felt like my brakes were on even though the engine is revving. This morning I started my super 8 50cc and let it warm up, but it would not get any speed even coming out of the driveway. I decided to get a ride instead of having to push it to work. Again, the throttle revs fine but the wheel does not spin even with the center kickstand down and the wheel off the ground. What's my problem???

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Throttle but not going
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 01:52:38 PM »
Remove belt cover, and put on center stand, start and run engine.
Watch.
Belt shot? No?
Clutch pads shot?
Report back.
(Some basic info would help us: how many miles on the CVT parts?)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Hawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 06:36:20 PM »
About 15000 miles on most of the parts. It's a 2014, I drove it about 60 miles a day for about 2 years, and it did great all that time. I've derestricted the cdi, took the little governing washer out of the carburetor, and had the dealer replace the jet pin. But I've never done anything with the exhaust or had the valves adjusted. Could either of those be the issue?

Hawkeye

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 11:13:56 AM »
Reporting back... it was the belt, and the springs, basically all things associated with the clutch except for the pads. Parts and labor are going to set me back about $400. Hopefully no more issues for a while.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()