Author Topic: Starter bendix issues  (Read 1697 times)

love2ride2222

• View Profile
Starter bendix issues
« on: November 30, 2019, 11:37:35 PM »
So I recently have been having problems with scooter starting  that is once you go to turn it over , it turns barely barely once or twice turns slow and that's  NOT enough to start it . It will kick start . So I just did some tests . Ive tried 2 new batteries and jump box , same problem . I inspected  the starter gear live with button pushed and it turns super strong and button is good  . I added the Bendix and it kicks like a mule , strong.  I've had my cvt cover off a ton lately for other issues . Im wondering if I lost a washer that is supposed to go behind the Bendix to push it out further   ?   Does any one know if a washer goes in front or behind the Bendix  ?
Thanks !

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Starter bendix issues
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 11:58:21 PM »
the bendix is flipped out by gear on starter motor, it may need a washer on top to stop it at the right spot to hit the ring  gear, check the starter gear make sure it is smooth and clean,  and not binding,. 

love2ride2222

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 02:30:25 AM »
Thank you for responding .Yes I am aware how it all works.   How do I post pictures on here  ? I click the insert image and nothing happens except this pops up  >       .

I see on mine looks like a built in washer on the front already but maybe I dropped one from the front or the back. This has been taken aprt in the last 3 months more then a dozen times for other things  Maybe it doesn't line up  because I am missing a washer  but idk  ? Just thinking I guess I could put everything back together except leave the cvt cover off ,  keep my finger on the end like I did earlierthen with the  variator  shieve  off but now on of course , pull the plug wire and watch where the teeth on the benex  head out to .
Everything is super strong  starter gear , start button , bendex , but yet when all back together it will only weakly turn the motor barely, not near enough to start.

love2ride2222

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:08:56 PM »
I decided to pull everything apart and put it back  and it works perfectly now  ?????  The only thing that I can think of was that the bendex might not have been pushed back far enough to totally catch the starter gear , other then that I have no idea . I have the new battery in and just gonna leave it alone now after many different battery tries and such . :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()