Author Topic: Please recommend upgrade steps for ZX50  (Read 5398 times)

yakomir

• View Profile
Please recommend upgrade steps for ZX50
« on: November 03, 2019, 02:24:22 PM »
Hi all, recently bought ZX50 (i think its around 2000 year).
Looks extremely well for a 20 years old scooter.
Having the intention to do some upgrades. I think its currently stock since it came from Germany and doesn't go more than 50-60 km/h
Can you please recommend me some upgrade steps and general advises like, if i go for big bore 60 70 80cc kit do i have to change more parts, carb variator etc.
I'm not willing to go for the expensive brands like malossi/polini and i saw that Aliexpress is full of options too.

Thanks in advance guys!
adding some pics :) already upgraded all the lights and head lamp with osram x-racer series the rest where is possible with LED. Looks very good.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
Re: Please recommend upgrade steps for ZX50
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »
Your ZX is nicer looking then mine. Nie pick Up.
Firstly yours looks to be a ZX50 Super Fever 2 there is a small distinctions and variances between the 2 engines.
To start off you should look into a Variator & Clutch upgrade(read the tranny/CVT) plus a new belt. Simple, quick and relatively inexpensive. Grab a variator tuning kit to help figur what weights work best for you. Stock weights in a ZX50 are 8.5grams.
 After that move on to a performance exhaust with a small upjet to the carb.
If you can find a set of final drive gears closer to 11:1 that normally helps with top end but they are really hard to find for the ZX
Lastly if more power is needed or wanted move up to a BigBoreKit and stroker kits. 70cc is tops for stock crank anything larger will require a new stronger crank and modifications to the  crank case itself plus a new larger carb. and lots of time to tune it just right.
To help with parts most if not all CVT parts from a Honda Dio will fit the ZX but the belt is shorter on the Dio so be careful there. And most Exhaust systems also interchangeable as well.

Good luck to ya Mate enjoy the Lil'Beasty

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 04:26:00 PM »
Your ZX is nicer looking then mine. Nie pick Up.
Firstly yours looks to be a ZX50 Super Fever 2 there is a small distinctions and variances between the 2 engines.
To start off you should look into a Variator & Clutch upgrade(read the tranny/CVT) plus a new belt. Simple, quick and relatively inexpensive. Grab a variator tuning kit to help figur what weights work best for you. Stock weights in a ZX50 are 8.5grams.
 After that move on to a performance exhaust with a small upjet to the carb.
If you can find a set of final drive gears closer to 11:1 that normally helps with top end but they are really hard to find for the ZX
Lastly if more power is needed or wanted move up to a BigBoreKit and stroker kits. 70cc is tops for stock crank anything larger will require a new stronger crank and modifications to the  crank case itself plus a new larger carb. and lots of time to tune it just right.
To help with parts most if not all CVT parts from a Honda Dio will fit the ZX but the belt is shorter on the Dio so be careful there. And most Exhaust systems also interchangeable as well.

Good luck to ya Mate enjoy the Lil'Beasty

Wow!  Lots of good information there.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 10:56:16 PM »
experience with 8 different 50cc scooters ranging from an "88 Yamaha Jog to an 06' Super9 LC.

yakomir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 09:58:36 PM »
Thanks a lot !!! i didnt expected so detailed and helpful advises! really appreciate it mate!
I'm starting to research for cheap options to follow the steps below :)

yakomir

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2019, 06:51:51 AM »
I found Alibaba Store having a variety of DIO parts so planning to make a list and arrange a package from china :)

https://tmmp-china.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-215224372-1/DIO.html?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.42.2e61f372NWdgVr&filter=null
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:28:21 AM by yakomir »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()