Author Topic: 2018 kymco spade 150 not starting  (Read 1695 times)

pratiktailor001

• View Profile
2018 kymco spade 150 not starting
« on: October 16, 2019, 05:02:28 PM »
Hello everyone,

New member here. Just bought 2018 kymco spade 150 from auction. Bike was running when i picked up from auction. I had to transport bike on its side and lot of fuel leaked from the bike. Now bike is not starting and its giving error code 61 on dashboard. Can anyone please let me know what can be issue and how to fix. Bike has after market cold air filter,zfi bazzaz fuel injection tuning and custom exhaust.

Thanks,
Pratik.

Billtrout

• View Profile
Re: 2018 kymco spade 150 not starting
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 07:36:09 PM »
first replace the oil as laying on the side allowed gas to from the carb too get in the oil. Next try taking the Battery out for a Bit too reset things check plug for flooding or fowling.

see if this solves it

Bill

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 05:48:11 AM »
By laying on its side, fuel has entered the evap canister and flooded it. You will need to disconnect the canister for a good long while to let it air out and dry. Replace the spark plug and it should fire up. As said above, you might check the oil for contamination by fuel although the auto peacock should have stopped it
Cjs

Billtrout

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 02:27:38 PM »
Fuel that was already in the carb will have  leaked into the cylinder and down into the oil

pratiktailor001

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 10:50:04 PM »
thanks all for replying,

My motorcycle is not giving spark and it is giving error 61 on the dash. Can anybody tell me what is error 61 and how to resolve. Thanks.

pratiktailor001

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:51:00 PM »
Also if anyone has service manual for that motorcycle that will help a lot.
Thanks in advance.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 04:41:41 PM »
Service manuals are available on line from Cyclepedia here in the US.
If you know what area of the manual you would like, Fuel, Electrical, etc. , I can maybe help.
CJS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 06:00:55 PM »
Service manuals are available on line from Cyclepedia here in the US.
If you know what area of the manual you would like, Fuel, Electrical, etc. , I can maybe help.
CJS
souzamoto,
I'm sorry, you'll recall from our user agreement - we may not make extensive use of materials for which we do not hold the copyright.
Paraphrasing instructions, the odd photo capture, etc. are one thing - but not pages of info by copy and paste.

We can certainly take the time to post much info, in our words, which we have gained from other sources.
I hope you understand.
All of us are  making an effort to be more mindful of this issue.

Cyclepedia.com would be a very good place for the OP to visit for more service info. They photograph and write these manuals for KYMCO USA.

Stig

« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 06:03:17 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snoopzilla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 02:01:07 AM »
I do know that it will kill the engine if the bike is tipped more then 65 degrees so I wonder if there’s a tip sensor you triggered putting it on its side. I don’t know where that would be, it’s not mentioned in the user manual.  It just says if vehicle was tipped more then 65 degrees to turn main switch off then on again.
2018 Kymco Like 150i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()