Author Topic: MXU700i No Cold Start - Advice Please?  (Read 1439 times)

JourneyAbout

• View Profile
MXU700i No Cold Start - Advice Please?
« on: October 10, 2019, 04:18:03 PM »
Hello All,

We picked up a '14 or '15 (can't remember and we are traveling at the moment) Kymco MXU 700i this spring.  It has very low miles and was a one owner who had it serviced yearly at the dealer.   I believe it had sat for a bit though because they had moved into town and didn't use it.  When we first got it when cold starting it would take a couple of tries.  Then for a bit we had to turn it on and off to let the fuel pump prime a few times before it would start.  Now it will not start from a cold start unless we give it a shot of starter fluid.  Once it starts it runs great and you can leave it for a few hours or even the rest of the day and it will start fine.   

This is really our first 4 stroke efi off road vehicle.   So any suggestions on what the problem might be or in what order to start based on the above info?  We are traveling for work at the moment and are staying in a town with a Kymco dealer.  I wanted to take the opportunity to grab a new oil filter and spark plug from them as well as anything else we need before we start diving in. 

Thanks in advance!

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: MXU700i No Cold Start - Advice Please?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 08:27:26 PM »
Sounds like bad fuel, bad fuel pump or a faulty injector. Sounds like things a gummed up from sitting. Check the air filter for a rats nest also.
CJS

JourneyAbout

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 10:24:29 PM »
Thanks Souzamoto.  I was thinking about running some Seafoam through it.....do you have an idea how much I can safely add to a tank? 

Libarata

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 04:46:36 PM »
It may be worthwhile to siphon the current fuel out. Place a full tank of non-ethanol in, and follow the directions on the sea foam can.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()