Author Topic: New Yager Owner, Couple of Questions  (Read 7251 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: New Yager Owner, Couple of Questions
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »
That's great, Yager E! I hope they work for you!  :)

Ouch! $13.99 is high shipping on such small items. I always hate when shipping comes to more than the actual order. For just bolts and washers (unless the bolts are extremely heavy) it would be nice if they would offer an option to ship it standard mail or even Parcel Post rather than Priority Mail or UPS and such if you're not in a hurry for delivery.

YagerMeister

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »
BTW, fellow Yager-files, is it confirmed that the HiFlo Filtro HF562 oil filter is a direct replacement for our filter?  The factory ones are horrifically expensive (fortunately they aren't scheduled for changing very often).

iker

• , 2007 kymco people s125
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 11:05:29 PM »
yager m , i just did 1000 mile service and i used a hiflo fitro hf562 and i know it is the same as a stock kymco oil filter. no problem. still lol at service guy that said "valve adjustment on a yeager is very difficult " read my blog as i find its quite easy to do the valves on the yeager. i did valves at 600 and increased intake just a little. at 1000 mile i checked again and they were a ok. i think i will change oil and filter ,check valves at every 1000 mi from now on will also clean air filter .
2007 kymco people s125 aka - lit red
2011 vespa gts 300 super aka - tin man

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 05:42:36 PM »
This AM I was speaking to the Kimco dealer salesman since I'm thinking abuot a purch he mentioned the service and said that the Yager valves are automatically adjusted.  I am not a mech, so I just accepted what he said.  Anybody know?
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 04:10:35 PM »
Fish, the valves are NOT auto adjust! Check one of iker's posts about valve adjust-it is great! It is easy and straight forward. The dealer needs to read it, too. There is a thread about Hiflo Filtro HF562 filters that says they are good or better than original. I have used them from the start. Work great for 4 oil changes.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 07:36:46 PM »
Like I said, I am not a mech.  But I believe Iker and will probably do it myself since the dealer thinks it is not nec.  I even made a copy of Ikers system in case I can't find it later.  I pick up my new Yager on Thurs or Fri.
UPDATE... Friday, June 9.  I am the proud owner of a new 2010 Kimco Yager.  Rode it around today and I like it.  Plenty of power, nice handling, not to sure it will be comfortable for very long with my tender butt.  But I still love it.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 11:49:15 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()