Author Topic: Brand New 2019 Agility 125 issues  (Read 1077 times)

Awdturboscott

• View Profile
Brand New 2019 Agility 125 issues
« on: August 23, 2019, 03:53:39 PM »
Hello, I have a brand new agility 125 that now will not start. At about 15 miles it would bog out and die in the middle of riding around the neighborhood. It would start back up but would die with any throttle input. Tried again the next day and it worked fine for a few miles and it did it again, only this time I was able to give it just a little bit of throttle and it would limp me home. About 10 mins later I was going to take video to show the dealer but it worked fine and I was even about to ride it around for around 30 mins without any issues. Now this morning I started it up, let it warm up for a few mins, and when I went to take off it bogged out right off the bat. Attempted to start it again and now nothing, it will not run or idle or anything. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated!!  I am taking it back to the dealer hopefully Monday but with my luck it will work fine by then and they will not be able to troubleshoot.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
Re: Brand New 2019 Agility 125 issues
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 05:15:57 PM »
The scooter is still new - but something is obviously faulty.

Some time ago I experienced a similar problem with my 2009 Agility. After eliminating several possibilities, I discovered that the CDI was causing the problem. The problem at your scooter could be elsewhere, but I would suggest you do these easy steps first - before looking at other possibilities:

1. Make sure the battery is not faulty. Hook the battery to a trickle charger, and get a load test done on the battery at a battery shop.
  (The battery is still new, but that doesn't mean the battery is not faulty. Your scooter probably also have a DC CDI - and the CDI will
   never work properly if it doesn't get at least 9.5 Volts from the battery)

2.If the battery is fully charged and in perfect condition, the CDI might be faulty. The scooter is still new, but it doesn't mean the CDI is not faulty. On my scooter the original CDI only lasted 9300 km, so I think there is proof that these CDI's do not last for ever.

In short, if your battery is fully charged and in perfect condition, I think you should take the scooter back to the supplier. The scooter should still be under guarantee, and the supplier could just try another CDI to see if the CDI is faulty.

If the scooter is still under guarratee, you should obviously not fiddle too much on the scooter.

Good luck.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »
Let the dealer keep it until they experience your issue!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 01:28:49 AM »
Ah, yes! Does sound familiar! Stig is right since it is new it is the dealers problem. Let us know what he does for you.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »
Learned on facebook Kymco riders' page that the dealer vented his gas cap and the problem went bye-bye!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 04:19:50 PM »
Any update ? Did the agents manage to solve the problem ?
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()