Author Topic: KYMCO Extended Warranty  (Read 4747 times)

mousejunks

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO Extended Warranty
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2019, 05:39:10 AM »
In Australia, all Kymcos come with a 2-year warranty. 3rd year extended warranty only covers engine and transmission - but only if you had it serviced by authorised dealers with a completed logbook (obviously expensive overall). So it isn't much of an offer considering we have statutory warranty under consumer laws.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Solano Cycle

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2020, 12:33:47 AM »
I know this is an old post, but here goes.  The standard warranty on a KYMCO Offroad product is 1 year. More specifically, it is 6 months bumper to bumper with some general exceptions, 9 months electrical, and 12 months on the powertrain.  If the "extended warranty" says 3 years, then it takes the 6 month bumper to bumper limited warranty and makes it 3 years of total warranty.  The warranties are typically unlimited usage.  The onroad products have a 2 year standard warranty, which is 1yr tire to tire, 18mth electrical, 2 yr powertrain. If you get the 3 year extended warranty, that takes the 1 year tire to tire and makes it 3 years of total warranty. They have most of your standard exclusions such as abuse, normal wear and tear, damage from alterations like putting 28" Assasinator Mud Tires and breaking an axle, putting on snorkels and going 4 feet under water, installing a big bore kit, etc.  The extended warranty has a $50 deductible per instance. However, if it is an item that is still under the regular part of the warranty, there is no deductible.  The extended warranty also adds roadside assistance to their street units. Not sure if they cover it for offroad.  My guess it that they will tow it from your house to the dealer within a certain distance. However, most people with UXVs and MXUs have trucks and trailers so this isn't really an issue. The extended warranty is transferable for a small fee. Last time I checked it was $25. It was pretty nice that KYMCO was offering the free extended warranty as a promo last year. Hope this helps. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 02:49:25 PM »
I know this is an old post, but here goes.  The standard warranty on a KYMCO Offroad product is 1 year. More specifically, it is 6 months bumper to bumper with some general exceptions, 9 months electrical, and 12 months on the powertrain.  If the "extended warranty" says 3 years, then it takes the 6 month bumper to bumper limited warranty and makes it 3 years of total warranty.  The warranties are typically unlimited usage.  The onroad products have a 2 year standard warranty, which is 1yr tire to tire, 18mth electrical, 2 yr powertrain. If you get the 3 year extended warranty, that takes the 1 year tire to tire and makes it 3 years of total warranty. They have most of your standard exclusions such as abuse, normal wear and tear, damage from alterations like putting 28" Assasinator Mud Tires and breaking an axle, putting on snorkels and going 4 feet under water, installing a big bore kit, etc.  The extended warranty has a $50 deductible per instance. However, if it is an item that is still under the regular part of the warranty, there is no deductible.  The extended warranty also adds roadside assistance to their street units. Not sure if they cover it for offroad.  My guess it that they will tow it from your house to the dealer within a certain distance. However, most people with UXVs and MXUs have trucks and trailers so this isn't really an issue. The extended warranty is transferable for a small fee. Last time I checked it was $25. It was pretty nice that KYMCO was offering the free extended warranty as a promo last year. Hope this helps. 
Super!
Thanks for taking the time to lay this out.
The paperwork I received with my LIKE200iLX in 2013 was pretty clear about how long the whole scoot, the electrical and the powertrain was covered by the warrantee. The print was normal sized and easy to understand :), even for a Chevy owner.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()