Author Topic: 01 People 50 2 stroke starts but doesn't stay running  (Read 921 times)

Deauxboi

• View Profile
01 People 50 2 stroke starts but doesn't stay running
« on: June 04, 2019, 11:44:38 PM »
Hello all! Just a little while ago I picked up a 2001 people 50 2 stroke for crazy cheap. It has 16,000km on it (I'm not joking) and apparently it stopped working 2 weeks ago. Basically I was able to get it to start for a few seconds but then it would cut out. Also a lot of smoke came from the exhaust. I'm assuming it is the oil injector but I'm not too sure.  If anyone can help me out then please let me know what I can do. Thank you!

gearbanger

• View Profile
Re: 01 People 50 2 stroke starts but doesn't stay running
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 06:10:43 AM »
Hopefully you have it running by now, if not here are a few things I would do.  First pull the air filter box cover off and with a spray bottle, spray a mixture of two stroke oil and gas into the back of the carb.  Not much, just a nice squirt or two.  Then try to kick it.  If it runs, then you know you have good spark and it will take fuel.  I would probably pull the carb and clean it and drain all the old gas and replace with new.  This will probably fix your problem.  Good luck with it.  I bought one recently too and had to get it up and running.  It purrs like a kitten now.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()