Author Topic: New Video Test CVT  (Read 27582 times)

Nireen

• View Profile
Re: New Video Test CVT
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »
A slipping clutch would slow the speed while the rider would crank in more engine rpm. There are three brake shoe-lookin' things that are the clutch friction surfaces in connection wth that bowl-lookin' spinning thing with the six holes. That bowl is connected to the rear wheel through the gear box. What pieces do they have "just laying around" that will fix what they think is wrong with your clutch? Have you been having problems with the clutch engaging and getting you moving?

I have to idea Karl. :)  I have had not trouble getting moving. I lost top speed as you all know and my rpm's seem high.  All I know is he said he found that the back clutch was not moving or something  like that.   It is never real clear to me.
Kat :)

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2019, 11:21:22 PM »
Just walked back from the garage.  Guess what! Bike needs help yup with the back part clutch?  It isn't moving properly.  He said this would cause the loss of speed. I asked if we needed parts and he said no he likely has pieces around that will work.  What could be the pieces that need replaced inside this thing?

Probably the springs that hold the clutch pads so they don't engage the clutch bell too early.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2019, 04:46:10 AM »
This is just nuts! De dee, get over there and straighten those mechanics out!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2019, 08:09:02 AM »
This is just nuts! De dee, get over there and straighten those mechanics out!

Everything will work out I hope!! :D  :D I have faith in them.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2019, 12:59:14 PM »
It seems to me, if not mistaken, you did not have these problems until they made changes to your variator....hope I am wrong....
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2019, 01:16:12 PM »
It seems to me, if not mistaken, you did not have these problems until they made changes to your variator....hope I am wrong....

Well my problems with losing top speed happened about 2 months before I replaced the very bad belt!  It was near breaking point.   I also pretty sure the rpm's were high before the new belt and or new rollers.  If I am wrong the rpm's were slightly lower but not by alot.  So I am not certain but don't think so.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2019, 08:49:57 PM »
Well my problems with losing top speed happened about 2 months before I replaced the very bad belt!  It was near breaking point.   I also pretty sure the rpm's were high before the new belt and or new rollers.  If I am wrong the rpm's were slightly lower but not by alot.  So I am not certain but don't think so.

Bike is working better from what I feel and see!!! He said something in the back bushing replaced and wasn't moving.  New heavier rollers.  RPMs are lower but not like you all have but much better!!  Feels smoother. 

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2019, 02:18:25 PM »
It feels like the bike is less STRESSED!  That is the best way for me to describe this.  It feels relaxed now.  I feel like everything is moving and flowing.  RPM's have lowered I would say 1500rpm and I noticed the needle moves fluently not sticking in one spot for very long.   It isn't roaring and grinding so much as it was.  Everything sounds and feels softer LOL is that descriptive enough? :D  He took the rollers that was in it and made them heavier (I have no idea how he did this I will ask!)  and the back clutch bushing was not moving so he said.  I am waiting for a a quiet morning and I will see where my top-speed sits now so stay tuned!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2019, 05:55:38 PM »
He may have epoxied some weight in each roller which should work fine. Ask him what weight target he used since some of us may want to do the same! Compliments on your description! That is a good way to describe a normal DT300i as it does its stuff around 5000 to 6000 rpm, smoothly and quietly.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »
He may have epoxied some weight in each roller which should work fine. Ask him what weight target he used since some of us may want to do the same! Compliments on your description! That is a good way to describe a normal DT300i as it does its stuff around 5000 to 6000 rpm, smoothly and quietly.

I will ask Karl for sure.  Another thing that stands out that was a bit irritating before was whenever I letgo on the gas to slow down the bike would jerk and it felt like I had put the breaks on when I didn't touch them now it is the same but not nearly as bad more normal like it was when I got the bike.  I just found before it would almost come to a complete stop after I took my hand of the throttle. 

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »

Still Karl my rpm's are not where yours are.  But I feel much better about it.  I will do a early morning run on the highway with no traffic and get some readouts and see where my top-speed is.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2019, 09:26:08 AM »
Still no top-speed like I use to have.  I get reach 75 mile per hour and that is it.  I use to do easy 85.  New filter K&N New heavier rollers (better rpm) when I reached 75 mile this morning it was maxed out 8000 rpm.

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2019, 10:40:06 AM »
I once had an engineering shop put a thread into the centre of the rollers and then I tried different length studs until I had the performance I wanted.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2019, 12:54:47 PM »
I think a belt that is too long will give you higher engine rpm and yours is over an inch too long (if I got the dimensions right!).
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2019, 07:25:28 PM »
I think a belt that is too long will give you higher engine rpm and yours is over an inch too long (if I got the dimensions right!).

OK so I need to find out what the stock belt measures.  Do you know Karl :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()