Author Topic: Kymco like 50 2S with a Leovince touring, it´s a possible??  (Read 1970 times)

avila2474

• View Profile
Hello, I have a Kymco Like 50 of 2T, and I want to mount a Leovince Touring escape. I've seen in Youtube videos that this escape is only for the Super 8, which I think has the same Like engine. Right now it has mounted a Turbokit TKR 010:

and the truth is that the bike is very good if it were not for the noise. It gives headache. This is why I want to mount the Leovince, because I like the sound it has:

My bike is standard, I only changed the rollers for some Dr. Pulley and the exhaust, nothing more. With these 2 changes the bike develops up to 90 Kms opening gas fully. My average speed is 70 limited by road. I do not want more since I do not want to melt the engine either. I do not need it.

Also I want to know what are the symptoms that gives a worn clutch, since I suspect that mine is for the drag. Sorry for my bad English, but I write from Spain.

Greetings to the whole community!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 05:16:52 PM by avila2474 »

dan v.

• View Profile
Re: Kymco like 50 2S with a Leovince touareg, it´s a possible??
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »
The Touring should fit.  Their TT will too, but will probably be louder.

As you are in Spain, you could call Leo Vince and verify fitment.  I'm sure the SIP catalog will be of help also.  The Kymco A/C 2T motor has been the same for years, so any exhaust for that motor will mount .   However, the more upswept the muffler, the greater the possibility that it may interfere with the body panel.

I'm betting that if your Turbokit clears the body, the Leo Vince will too.
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

avila2474

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 06:33:08 PM »
The Touring should fit.  Their TT will too, but will probably be louder.

As you are in Spain, you could call Leo Vince and verify fitment.  I'm sure the SIP catalog will be of help also.  The Kymco A/C 2T motor has been the same for years, so any exhaust for that motor will mount .   However, the more upswept the muffler, the greater the possibility that it may interfere with the body panel.

I'm betting that if your Turbokit clears the body, the Leo Vince will too.

According to leovince, this type of exhaust is not available for my motorcycle, however, reviewing the exploded view of the powertrain of the Kymco super 8, is almost identical to my engine block, so in theory there should be no problem with my motorcycle .

I have also seen the Leovince SP3, in fact I have even seen it mounted on my bike:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/psculptures/5275699970/in/photostream/

But watching Youtube videos I see that sounds like a tin, obviously it is a subjective appreciation since it is not the same to listen to it through a video than to have it in front of you.

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:37:32 PM »
Well, if you can source a SP3 I'd say do it.   I have one on a Derbi, and had one on a Yamaha.  Just barely louder than a stock muffler, and a bit of a power boost.  I think that the SP3 was replaced by the Touring.

You will need to remove the restrictor at the head end for best flow.   You will probably also need lighter weight rollers, and stronger clutch springs.  Sometimes these come with the new aftermarket exhausts, but you will probably need to source them elsewhere.
Grand Rapids, MI

avila2474

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 03:37:23 PM »
Well, if you can source a SP3 I'd say do it.   I have one on a Derbi, and had one on a Yamaha.  Just barely louder than a stock muffler, and a bit of a power boost.  I think that the SP3 was replaced by the Touring.

You will need to remove the restrictor at the head end for best flow.   You will probably also need lighter weight rollers, and stronger clutch springs.  Sometimes these come with the new aftermarket exhausts, but you will probably need to source them elsewhere.

I understand then, that you recommend me better the SP3 instead of the Touareg? I do not want to touch clutch, right now the drive has some Dr. Pulley. I do not need more power than you already have right now. I just want a little silence.

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 11:00:21 PM »
Well, I have no experience with the Touring.  I like the SP3.  In my opinion, I would get the SP3 if you can source one.  If not, get the Touring if you can confirm the fit.
Grand Rapids, MI

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()