Author Topic: LIKE200i Wiring diagram questions  (Read 2199 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
LIKE200i Wiring diagram questions
« on: March 18, 2019, 01:19:18 AM »
At the bottom of the diagram I see that the clock does not have a battery, but seems to be wired into the scooter's electrical system. Is this true?
Also, what are the 4 rocket-booster chaped things just above the wire color abreviations above the clock?
I've looked at symbol charts and don't see these things. Are they just wire connectors?

Thanks
Stig

« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 11:54:40 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: LIKE200i Wiring diagram questions
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:18:32 AM »
Probably "bullet" type connectors, I'm guessing....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 11:50:06 AM »
Probably "bullet" type connectors, I'm guessing....
But, no battery - right?
Good! I'd hate to have to go into that panel to look for a battery - took me ages to get those mirrors locked and adjusted properly!
BTW - I was just able to get into the tree before that police car arrived.....something to do with an alleged drive-off at Tim Hortons.

Stig ….allegedly
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 03:33:20 PM »
Yeah, no battery, powered by da bike. Glad you hid from the cop....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:32:05 AM »
There is definately no extra battery for the clock. It´s driven by the regular 12V onboard battery of the bike.
I have been in there once, after my service tech at the shop messed up a warranty repair changing a defekt clock and left his lovely dirty black fingerprints onto the white tach/odo panel....not too difficult to get in, but still quiet a bit of tricky work that one doesn´t want to do very often.
I might want to go in there once again some day to correct also the tachometer needle to more accuracy. It´s showing off about 12km/h now.
Probably I will combine that with one of the next Brakefluid changes. We´ll see.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 11:16:00 AM »
There is definately no extra battery for the clock. It´s driven by the regular 12V onboard battery of the bike.
I have been in there once, after my service tech at the shop messed up a warranty repair changing a defekt clock and left his lovely dirty black fingerprints onto the white tach/odo panel....not too difficult to get in, but still quiet a bit of tricky work that one doesn´t want to do very often.
I might want to go in there once again some day to correct also the tachometer needle to more accuracy. It´s showing off about 12km/h now.
Probably I will combine that with one of the next Brakefluid changes. We´ll see.
Robo,
Don't you wish Kymco would have created a little one-screw plastic lid over the brake reservoir, as found on some Vespas?! Sooo easy to service ......which of course means the service won't be delayed, or skipped altogether.
Have a good one.....!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »
Of course Tom, I would like to have that little brake reservoir service lid.... ;D ;)
I have already thought about drilling and cutting out a service hole myself, but haven´t found a good solution for it and for a selfmade lid afterwards so far.
And I don´t understand either why there is still no service lid on the new Like model.... patents issue? stupidity? ignorance? intentionally?
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 04:14:55 PM »
I think this whole battery- in- the- clock thing comes up is that on the Kymco People models the clocks were battery powered. It may be the same for a lot of older Kymcos.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()