Author Topic: New Rookie  (Read 2202 times)

hgw75

• View Profile
New Rookie
« on: July 05, 2008, 08:00:26 PM »
Will be picking up a 2007 500 new in the crate at a dealer in Austin Texas in aprox two weeks.Need all the help I can get,Its my first scoot, plan to do any work I can myself. First job will be a back rest for the passanger or a box with a back rest. I will ask the dealer if I can do the maintance work myself and not void the warrantyI live250 miles South of the dealer . Enlighten me oh wise ones.Thank You
 ;D

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Rookie
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 08:49:59 PM »
Welcome!  What model did your get?

hgw75

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 11:39:32 PM »
kymco xciting 500. Hope its a good one! The write-ups sound ok.

michiman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 04:12:14 AM »
Love my Kymco Grand Vista...  I hope to move up next spring, we will see what the IRS is willing to part with. 

TeamTEOR

• Off to The Edge Of Reality
    • View Profile
    • TeamTEOR
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2008, 04:55:37 AM »
Will be picking up a 2007 500 new in the crate at a dealer in Austin Texas in aprox two weeks.Need all the help I can get,Its my first scoot, plan to do any work I can myself. First job will be a back rest for the passanger or a box with a back rest. I will ask the dealer if I can do the maintance work myself and not void the warrantyI live250 miles South of the dealer . Enlighten me oh wise ones.Thank You
 ;D
Man 250 miles south huh? Doesn't that put you close to Sea World and all of that Jazz? I would tend to think there is a dealer closer to you that can help. By the time that you drive it home you will be almost ready for the first oil change. I would let a dealer do that one since normally if you do not then the warranty is void. After that mostly everyone does their own stuff. You are going to love it BTW!

Tom (X500 owner)
Riding my Xciting 500 off to The Edge Of Reality

OldGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 02:52:03 PM »
 ;D
Here in Austin? That means TJ's Cycles, right? Great folks to do business with! 250 miles south puts you somewhere around Corpus, right?

If it were me, I'd ride the bus here, let them assemble it and ride it home. Probably cheaper in the long run, and a lot more fun.

If you are near Corpus Christi there is a dealer there. I'd at least let them do the first service just to protect myself. If not, go here:

http://www.strmotorsports.com/dealers/index_onroad.html

and find the dealer nearest you. :)
OldGuy
Wanna be GrandVista rider

Inside every old person is a young person wondering,
"What the heck happened?"

hgw75

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 05:06:53 PM »
Got it Saturday,have 160 miles so far. Seems really nice and more than enough power.My first problem is the speed-o I can't see the nummers in M

PH!!!! Any help here other than new eyes???? Thanks

Thanks for the Corpus dealer I will call for the first 600 mile ser. there only 150 miles north of me. Live in Brownsville ,the end of the earth.......
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 02:34:33 AM by hgw75 »

hgw75

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 12:39:46 AM »
Where is a good place to get a repair/dealers  mannual ?????

hgw75

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 05:01:16 PM »
Ordered a rrpair manual (cd) off E-BAY will let you know what I think of it and where to get it and how much it was.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()