Author Topic: Agility 50 or Super 9 S (L/C)???  (Read 2933 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Agility 50 or Super 9 S (L/C)???
« on: September 01, 2010, 10:40:54 PM »
Just looking for some ideas from owners that love their machine or that would make a different choice if they had a chance to do it over.

I'm buying used because it's what I can afford, but I've never ridden either one. Here's some pretty basic info:

2007 Kymco Agility 50

one owner
500 miles
$950
need to rent a vehicle to tow or transport it 2 hours home
looks new and no issues that I'm aware of
from a dealer (but no warranty)

2004 Kymco Super 9 S (L/C)
at least 2 owners
7,000 miles
$850
can be delivered for $30.
has some cosmetic issues (scratches) and needs a speedometer cable
from a private owner that I don't know

This is a tough choice for me, but it may be simple to someone that knows the machines and their capabilities. It will be my only means of transport. I don't go out much, but I might if I had a good running scoot.  ;D

Hoping to here from some folks that know more than me. Let me know what you love or hate about either one. Thanks all.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Agility 50 or Super 9 S (L/C)???
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 11:33:02 PM »
..i posted my opinions and thoughts on your other thread...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:01:03 AM »
oh, thank you, wordslilnger. I appreciate it. I posted here, thinking some Super 9 owners might not see it the Agility thread. Maybe everyone reads everything, though, since it's all Kymco. Forgive the double post pleeease.   :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 12:05:13 AM »
..no problem with gettin your word out there...not everybody reads every board...

;D

..i try to, but don't always have the time..

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 12:51:57 AM »
Yep, if you miss a couple of days, it is hard to catch up. My 2 cents, as good as the S9 is I think the agility sounds like the better option, newer, less kms., and for a reliable runner, Wordslinger can vouch for that, though admittedly, not all will be as good as each other.
The S9 on the other hand, as good as they are, 7,000km, how many k's put on since the speedo cable broke, some cosmetic damage, is older, no known history. As a toy to play with, I would buy it, but as you want a reliable runaround, I think the Agility wins, the extra $100 would be worth it, then can you knock him down, or get him to contribute to delivery. If it comes down to it, ride it home along the back roads?
Good luck. :)
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 01:47:16 AM »
oooohh, those are some good points, too. Thanks, Sid. There are three roads between there and here and unfortunately they are ALL highways. The slowest moving of the three is all a straight shot, no turns, but still highway. If the de-restricted S9 was the one sitting at the dealer, drive it on home, no problem. sigh. The agility is the one at the dealer's. I think that price is as knocked down as it's gonna go. lol.  And even though the dealer seems the better way to go, I have never dealt with them before and it's no longer under warranty. It will cost the extra $100 plus up to another 100 (give or take) to get it here. hmmmm. I don't want to jump too fast and make the wrong decision, but it would be much easier to take the S9. I'm not so good with the conversions from km to miles, but he said:

It has a little over 6000 miles the speedo cable broke this spring. It is
currently registering around 11500 km.

So I'm not sure exactly because he mentions miles and km. I just guesstimated that it may have up to 7,000 miles.  ;D
He might know the history before he owned it for the past two years. I don't know yet. We've only exchanged a couple of emails so far so I may know even more later this evening or in the morning. I've tried not to bombard hiim with a zillion questions at once.

You all sure have given me lots to think about. Can I make the S9 reliable if it's history proves to be less than I hope? Maybe. Maybe some on my part and some with help at the local dealer's shop across town that used to sell them. I think I'll sleep on it tonight and see what the morning brings, other than more anticipation. Decisions, decisions, lol

Thanks All!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:50:18 AM by Rianna »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 01:55:09 AM »
..the s9 will make you a good scoot, if maintained well in it's past...

..and you will love the way it performs, if derestricted...

..it is a 2-stroke..and will not last as long as a well maintained 4-stroke, relatively speaking, before you will need to get into piston rings and such...

..but it's a bit easier to replace engine parts on a 2t than on a 4t...

...ssssso.....

???

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 01:57:21 AM »
..oh, and y' can't take 50 cc scoots out on the interstates, no matter how fast they go...

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 01:25:19 AM »
So, wordslinger, you gonna have the agility, the people AND the super9? You gonna collect 'em all?  ;D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 02:02:02 AM »
..i want that s9...if itsa lc...

...but the guy ain't been back..

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 02:18:43 PM »
Well...you probably already know this, but I'll mention it anyway. I've seen lots of them S9's in NC when I was looking around, just no way to get there, then I decided on the agility when I found a way to the dealership here. I went to jaxed.com then to the motorcycle section daily. (Plus a few other sites, lol.) You can select Kymco or any other brand, then NC or the northeast, southeast, etc. It scours Craigslist, eBay and Kijii and pulls up the pics all in a nice little clickable list for ya. When you click one it opens in a new tab for you. You can even just select scooter or just type in words like helmet for example. I went to many sites each day, some parts of NC are about the same distance from me as the dealer was here in Virginia. Saw a few nice S9's around $800, $900 and $1,000.  8)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()