Author Topic: Hello - Remember me?  (Read 745 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
Hello - Remember me?
« on: December 16, 2018, 02:13:29 PM »
Just thought I'd check in and give an update. I used to be on this forum quite a bit but the last year or so, not so much. Life took over. I've been working 50-60 hours per week for the last year and a half. Didn't leave much time for riding. Especially this summer. I bet I didn't get on the scooter more than a handful of times and none of those were to really get out for a ride, mostly just to fire it up and blow some cobs out. Found myself in a situation with my job that made it difficult for me to enjoy going into work doing the thing I have always loved. I'd been working two jobs and then about a month ago decided to redirect my career. I quit my job and the career I'd been persuing for 30 years and now I'm back in school learning to drive the BIG RIGS. Yep,
I'm gonna drive a semi. Passed the learners permit written tests last friday and will be in the truck learning to drive from now til the middle of January. Already have a job lined up with what I believe is to be a great company and my new adventure begins.

With all of the work hours I'd been putting in, riding wasn't on the agenda. Not sure how it will work out in the future either because with the new job I'll be gone M-F and home on the weekends. Sure wish I could get the wife to get on one of these two wheeled scoots. Then we could go together. She has no interest. Just gonna have to see if I can force myself to make the time next summer even if it is just for a couple hour ride here and there.

Good to see that the "Old Guard" is still here taking care of things and keeping things interesting. Now that I'm gonna be on the road I may take the opportunity to make this forum a regular stop once I get on the road with my new job. You still reading this and wondering who is this wkreps guy, well I have several videos on youtube (almost 100 on my 2013 Super8 150 and over 50 on my 2010 Xciting 500Ri) that tell a lot about how to do things to those particular models. My way of giving back to those who taught me. This place has taught me a lot and is a must for any KYMCO owner. See you on the road and maybe I'll be the one in that big rig.

Super8 link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2ye_x-qldG5W5Sa7dRURiU6EbkwgYOBe

Xciting Link
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2ye_x-qldG4zgujmCghj23LgPX2gisjk
Wayne

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Hello - Remember me?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »
I have to say that your Super 8 videos were very helpful when I went to work on my own Super 8.  You went down a lot of dead- end roads before figuring how to get your panels off.  Thanks for that.  I saved me a lot of headaches.

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 03:25:34 PM »
Welcome back. 

There's more to life than work.  I hope you find some time to ride.  Do you still have your Super 8?  There doesn't seem to be many active members with the old style Super 8.  I still have mine but I'll be replacing it soon.  It has over 32,500 miles on it.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 04:53:36 PM »
Nice videos, I hope to make some this summer of my trips through Rhode Island along the shore and beach areas.

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 05:34:37 PM »
Thanks for the videos. I am new and my scooter is a 125, but I guess most of your videos will be applicable on the 125cc models as well.

Best wishes with the driving lessons at school. My son went to school for driving big rigs about four months ago, already got his lisence, and since he got the license he started working on a very big farm. He is now driving big rigs, big tractors and combines.
My son is actually a qualified mechanic, but due to a shoulder injury at work he had to start looking for other opportunities. My son grew up on a farm, and currently really enjoys driving the big machines at work.

Some of the photos my son sent me:

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 06:12:17 PM »
Hey Wayne!

Very good to hear from you!
You have been missed - but I understand that life can take some unexpected turns. Glad you're out of an intolerable work situation (you'll recall when I detonated a couple of years ago!) and on to a new path. Do hope it works out for you.
Please keep us posted from time to time.

You'll note that your commemorative art work still graces the forum heading. (don't know how you pulled that off, dear friend - but remain forever gratefull for the gesture.)

Take care Wayne - and do keep all those many wheels on the ground!

Best regards, Tom
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 02:47:07 PM »
Glad to hear from you! I had wondered...Have fun with the big trucks! Backing up maneuvering is the funnest!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 06:02:18 PM »
I wondered where you were. Good to see you back on the forum. Hopefully your new career will give you the work live balance you deserve.

Since you were last here regularly I have traded in my Kymco for a Harley, but still enjoy coming here when I can. Stig keeps the lawn mowed, the leaves racked and the welcome mat out. He even supplies the coffee and doughnuts.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
Yeah, coffee an' donuts! Hah! I'm gonna show HIM! I'm gonna take that Springfield trip and BE WAITIN' for him at Horten's! That'll show him! He will HAVE to spring for coffee and donuts! Har, har!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 08:46:57 PM »
I wondered where you were. Good to see you back on the forum. Hopefully your new career will give you the work live balance you deserve.

Since you were last here regularly I have traded in my Kymco for a Harley, but still enjoy coming here when I can. Stig keeps the lawn mowed, the leaves racked and the welcome mat out. He even supplies the coffee and doughnuts.
TBum,
Mrs Stig put you up to this?...
I'll finish the leaves as soon as I'm done watching SuperBowl LI on the DVR..
My Patriots are in big trouble late in the 3rd quarter!!!
Stig
(my daughter says this will make an even two dozen times I've watched this replay. ..the leaves can wait - there could be a miracle happening here!)
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 09:46:42 PM »
TBum,
Mrs Stig put you up to this?...
I'll finish the leaves as soon as I'm done watching SuperBowl LI on the DVR..
My Patriots are in big trouble late in the 3rd quarter!!!
Stig
(my daughter says this will make an even two dozen times I've watched this replay. ..the leaves can wait - there could be a miracle happening here!)

So you finally gave up the Betamax. Spoiler, the Patriots did the impossible.

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 06:37:35 PM »
Great to hear from you again, Wayne! Congratulations on your new career, and best wishes to you and the family for continued success in the future!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()