Author Topic: Air filters  (Read 657 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Air filters
« on: October 23, 2018, 08:13:27 PM »
For all you 450i owners, are you aware of the additional air filter behind the dash?  After a couple trips in some serious dust and dirt,  I wantwd to give the airfilter a serious cleaning. After removing it from the airbox I found very little crud which took me by surprise. After washing and cleaning the inner and outer foam there was almost no crud!  I then remembered the other filter behind the dash. After removing the front storage box, yes it is a little tricky to remove it but keep trying it does come out. The upper filter is to the left of center and faces rearward, you can reach your hand behind rhw vox and feel the course foam filter. There are two screws to remove rhat releases the frame holding the course filter material. This filter had all the crud I was expecting to find. After a good wash and dry all is good again. When ir is time to clean that air filter dont forget the one behind the dash, this is the one where most of the crud will be contained

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Air filters
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 01:02:38 AM »
I became aware of the filter, only because I checked out the intake track to see what it would take to add a snorkel. I was surprised how high up on the machine the intake opening is, and decided no need for a snorkel
RandyO
IBA#9560

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 01:06:51 AM »
Thumbs up!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

jwad1982

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 10:44:03 PM »
Good tip. Thanks for the heads up.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2018, 12:22:26 AM »
     Sorry for all the errors in my post, tried using those little buttons on my phone for that post.....big mistake!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()