Author Topic: Help! Won't start!  (Read 5877 times)

zevsdad

• View Profile
Re: Help! Won't start!
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2019, 08:34:28 PM »
Does the bike need to be on the center stand- or can I just sit on it and lift up the kick stand

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2019, 08:39:59 PM »
To do what? Do not understand your question...
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2019, 12:03:37 AM »
also- they charged me 400 bucks...
$400 !
OK, be polite - but swing by the dealer and thank them for getting it running well again - and ask them to step into the parking lot and clear the fault codes.
Unless your scooter has a side-stand lock out - it does not matter how the scoot is setting to do any of the code clearing procedures. And, sadly, does not seem any are working for you.....but it does run well now, right?

Stig
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 12:06:37 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 01:02:08 AM »
Hello,

Yes it does seem to be running fine--- just the battery light and engine light are making me nervous.

I was wondering about the stand because there is a side stand lock out. I have to take the side kick stand up to do anything( turn on, ect. ) I tried to get it up on the center stand but I cant becuase the fule tank is full and the bike is too heavy.

I'm just wondering why the error codes are not resetting. Is there another metihod I can try----maybe unplugging the battery for several hours?

They said the fuel pump alone was 250 and that was used from ebay....

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2019, 01:13:41 AM »
Hello,

Yes it does seem to be running fine--- just the battery light and engine light are making me nervous.

I was wondering about the stand because there is a side stand lock out. I have to take the side kick stand up to do anything( turn on, ect. ) I tried to get it up on the center stand but I cant becuase the fule tank is full and the bike is too heavy.

I'm just wondering why the error codes are not resetting. Is there another metihod I can try----maybe unplugging the battery for several hours?

They said the fuel pump alone was 250 and that was used from ebay....
Please have an experienced scooter owner show you how to raise your scooter onto its center stand. The smallest rider can raise any maxiscooter with the proper technique.
Perhaps someone will explain a different method of clearing the code.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2019, 02:55:20 AM »
I hope so- Ive had this scooter for 7 years and have always had a hard time putting it on the center stand- especially when the fuel tank is full...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 01:12:39 PM »
Isn't there a youtube on centerstand technique? I seem to recall....
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 03:29:05 PM »
OK- so the saga continues. I wsa able to get the bike up on the center stand, I took out the battery and left it out for several hours overnight. Put it back in, tried the throttle method for clearing clep. no change. but- now get this- I backed the bike out of the garage and went to start it and guess what? It wont start! Rather than chugging- it actually just makes a weird electric sound. It does not start- and the 33 error code is still flashing. Also the battery light is illuminated.

I called the shop and told them to come and get the bike. The guy actually wanted to charge me for picking up the bike! I told him I will not pay and I want the bike fixed. I really starting to worry about this shop given the fact that they gave me back the bike when it clearly was not fixed.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 04:25:51 PM »

I called the shop and told them to come and get the bike. The guy actually wanted to charge me for picking up the bike! I told him I will not pay and I want the bike fixed. I really starting to worry about this shop given the fact that they gave me back the bike when it clearly was not fixed.
[/quote]

That is about what you can expect these days!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Trucker jay

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »
Think your main problem is a shop full of monkeys.  I bet your rectifier or stator has gone out and it''s not charging.  They let go out the shop door that way.  New fuel pump on ebay $40.00 maybe they bought some kinda of assembly with injectors or something.

fest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 11:44:34 PM »
I had similar problem. Don't think i had that yellow light flashing. Took it to the mechanic, he looked everywhere couldn't find any electrical problem. He opened the throttle wide open and tried to start the bike for few seconds and it started while the throttle was wide open the whole time.

Had the problem again. I thought it was battery but used the same method and it started. He told me fuel injection gets flooded sometimes and that's the method you use. Keep the gas open all the way for few seconds till it clears the fuel injection.

I don't think the fuel pump on your bike was the problem, it was just guess work from their part.
What's the yellow light representation of?

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 04:48:36 PM »
Hello,

the yellow light is the check engine light(see video)
It blinks 3 long, 3 short, and on the display is Error 33

zevsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »
Alright guys- things have gotten REALLY interesting. BBB is now involved! I contacted the Better business bureau to report these guys and their lousy shop.
https://orlando.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/90237772/c/a62k3y
Also made a yelp review:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/scooters-and-small-engine-repairs-orlando

So- I got on the bike the other day and guess what- would'nt start, throwing error code - you guessed it- 33!
After pulling open the throttle I did manage to get it started- but it was not happy. I rode around a little and it shut off at a traffic light. I got it started back, but it was throwing the error code the whole time. Thats when I went home and filed the complaint- as this bike has been in the shop 3 separate times for this issue.

so they responded to the complaint and agreed to give me a full refund as long as I return the fuel pump....

what do you guys think I should do?

btw- I cleared the error code, and the bike has started fine the last few times I tried to start it....

I'm wondering if maybe I return the fuel pump--first thing - will they give me back my oringinal oem fuel pump that they removed? if not- should I get a new fuel pump and install it myself? should I refuse to give back the fuel pump if they dont have my original fuel pump? should I look at the fuel injector as the problem as the error code indicates?

Trucker jay

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 05:23:28 PM »
I don't know about getting the old parts back from the reviews  left on yelp I wouldn't wast my time with them.  You need a authorised dealer to look at  it.  Myself I would be looking for a bad ground/connecter pinched
wire.  Your battery light does it turn off now?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 05:37:03 PM »
I just went through a code 33 on my DT300i ! Was the fuel injector code. The problem was the fuel pump relay that powers both the fuel pump and the injector. The service manual ONLY steers the tech to the injector not to either the fuel pump or the relay. So you have THREE things with a code 33: relay, pump and injector.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()