Author Topic: Will These Rollers Work?  (Read 1904 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Will These Rollers Work?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 07:57:36 PM »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 08:21:04 PM »
Wow Stig 65 bucks to ship them to me!!!
Kat :)

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 08:22:46 PM »
The guys at the garage thought these would be just fine.  No?? Price is right and shipping is less than 10 bucks.

https://www.amazon.ca/YunShuo-Performance-20X12mm-Weights-Scooter/dp/B072RD2GJS/ref=nav_ya_signin?ie=UTF8&qid=1538159620&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=20x12%2C+15+clutch+rollers&

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 09:12:31 PM »
I may get stuck with a customs price to.  I am really hoping not! geeez :P I really don't want crap for my bike so I am swallowing real hard here. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 10:24:40 PM »
I may get stuck with a customs price to.  I am really hoping not! geeez :P I really don't want crap for my bike so I am swallowing real hard here. 
Do you have a friend with a U.S. address? Seems they could mail them on to you for a lot less. I used to mail things to Germany and the Netherlands for not much airmail postage.
Don't blame you....that's a crazy price!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2018, 12:49:41 AM »
Those rollers are significantly heavier than stock.

Nireen

• View Profile

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 06:34:00 AM »
Correct.

Been searching the internet for better options, but I'm not seeing many. I wasn't aware of how much being in Canada makes it more difficult and expensive to source these.

If you have the patience for all the shipping, Stig's idea of having someone ship them to you from the US is a good one. Not sure where you are, but I got an estimate of $10 US ($13ish Canadian) for shipping. It looks like Dr Pulley sliders are inexplicably cheap on Amazon here, $24 USD shipped.

Depending on how much you trust internet strangers, I'd help you, bearing in mind that I'm not already familiar with what's involved in shipping things to Canada.

Otherwise, in your shoes I'd probably order from here: https://www.buggypartsnw.com/index.php/dr-pulley-slider-weight-20x12-for-250-300cc-8-pack.html Shipping to Canada is apparently $16 USD. Kind of expensive, but the sliders should last a very, very long time.

OR, you could just wait and see how they look -- unless you've done that already?

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2018, 07:04:52 AM »
That is so very kind of you! OK so those sliders are something different looking than the rollers.  I am confused LOL :D  I went ahead last-evening and ordered them from the Kymco site which when I am done will have cost me well over $100.00 :( Pretty bummed out about that! So what do I need sliders or rollers or both?

Correct.

Been searching the internet for better options, but I'm not seeing many. I wasn't aware of how much being in Canada makes it more difficult and expensive to source these.

If you have the patience for all the shipping, Stig's idea of having someone ship them to you from the US is a good one. Not sure where you are, but I got an estimate of $10 US ($13ish Canadian) for shipping. It looks like Dr Pulley sliders are inexplicably cheap on Amazon here, $24 USD shipped.

Depending on how much you trust internet strangers, I'd help you, bearing in mind that I'm not already familiar with what's involved in shipping things to Canada.

Otherwise, in your shoes I'd probably order from here: https://www.buggypartsnw.com/index.php/dr-pulley-slider-weight-20x12-for-250-300cc-8-pack.html Shipping to Canada is apparently $16 USD. Kind of expensive, but the sliders should last a very, very long time.

OR, you could just wait and see how they look -- unless you've done that already?

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2018, 07:08:15 AM »
I ordered these.

https://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/oemparts/a/kym/5b50eaf487a866110c2e0b1f/drive-pulley

Correct.

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »
Sliders are just odd-shaped rollers, an alternative to the round ones. Either one works.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2018, 03:53:59 PM »
OK good so I can get either nice! Thanks everyone. :)

Dragonh

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2021, 09:58:23 AM »
OEM Kymco roller weights
$3.00ea. X 8 = 24USD
https://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/oemparts/a/kym/5b50eaf487a866110c2e0b21/drive-pulley

St

Try and find Koso rollers from Taiwan.. Super durable and nicy priced

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2021, 11:13:20 AM »
Like I wrote in a neighbours tread, any roller or square roller of your size (20×12 mm, 15-17 grams) will work on your scoot. If you can get those KOSO squares somewhere, take them. Work out for me pretty well. Same performance and endurance as Dr.Ps or TechPülley but way inexpensive. I usually buy heavier ones and trim them to my likes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 11:17:52 AM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()