Author Topic: Fuel Filter on S200??  (Read 2789 times)

scosgt

• View Profile
Fuel Filter on S200??
« on: August 08, 2010, 03:06:01 AM »
I see in the manual it states to change the fuel screen at 7000 KM.
But I can't find any reference to it on any of the parts diagrams. The parts dealers don't seem to have any listings for fuel screen.
IS THERE a fuel screen or not (of course, I know about the oil screen, which never actually screens anything BTW, but maybe that's because I change my synthetic Mobil One Turbo Diesel every 500 miles), and if so, where do I find it?
I do note that in one place in the service manual it states that the fuel petcock is the fuel filter, but that has to be a typo.

art

• View Profile
Re: Fuel Filter on S200??
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:19:46 AM »
 I havn't looked close but most all the 50cc to 150cc petcocks unscrew at the bottem and house a small paper filter(may also be internal above the petcock). My s200 has a shield around it so i have not pulled it off to see. The manual may cover more than one model. It's best to run an inline anyway,first thing i did..
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »
I agree, but if the factory screen is clogged, the inline won't be much help.
Do you have to drain the tank to access that?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:37:04 AM »
I believe you will want to run it low than you should be able to tip it one way or the other to pull it(I have not seen it yet).  May not be one at all,but so far all the others i have owned have some sort. This one is covered for no appearant reason.  Should have easy access  ???

art

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 04:33:24 AM »
   Have a look at this http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/actionmotorsportsktm/Kymco_OEM/KymcoSC.asp?Type=13&A=41&B=20 .  They must be talking about the upper petcock. I don't think you can get a filter on the bottom of that setup.

scosgt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 04:42:50 AM »
Right, those are the same diagrams I have been looking at, and I don't see a filter.
But they do mention a fuel screen in the maintenance info in the manual.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 04:58:01 AM »
 They do run a screen over the top assembly sorta(the whole thing is a screen cage), I can't see any other spot for fuel they would be talking about. Should be able to clean that and go with an inline,can't replace unless you buy the whole deal and nothing at the carb end i can see either,maybe a last minute change at the factory. This is not the normal petcock for other kymco models i have worked on.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()