Author Topic: Nostalgic Moment  (Read 201 times)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Nostalgic Moment
« on: August 29, 2018, 02:31:18 AM »
This morning I was driving to work , and I noticed a “motorcycle “ ahead of me in the right lane riding at a good highway speed. Nothing unusual . As I pass him in my car safely in the left lane , (I was running late [emoji4][emoji4]), I noticed that it was a large scooter. I immediately felt nostalgic remembering how I rode that exact same route over two years ago. Man I was jealous of him. Family is still PETRIFIED of me getting another one. As of now, finances wouldn’t allow it anyway. So they can rest easy for now. But one day..... hmmm... Well, a guy can still dream. Can’t he?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
Re: Nostalgic Moment
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:49:08 AM »
Youtube can be your friend when ya got the cabin fever (ok, scooter fever) and can't get out.
Made some friends on YT over the years as well as on the forums.

Seems every time I've been out in the cage, a similar situation happens to me. I don't say anything, I just turn my head slightly and look at SWMBO and she always replies "Missing your girlfriends, huh?"

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 03:13:33 AM »
Youtube can be your friend when ya got the cabin fever (ok, scooter fever) and can't get out.
Made some friends on YT over the years as well as on the forums.

Seems every time I've been out in the cage, a similar situation happens to me. I don't say anything, I just turn my head slightly and look at SWMBO and she always replies "Missing your girlfriends, huh?"
That’s part of the reason I stay on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 11:35:31 AM »
Even before reading your post, Mr  Forbes, I  thought this morning how fortunate I am to be riding when and where I'm riding.

There was a book, titled, "Been down so long it looked like up to me".....read it too long ago to remember what it was about....but I DO appreciate where I'm at now. I think you do, too.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()