Author Topic: Im at Wits end!!  (Read 1394 times)

Murphychow@gmail.com

• View Profile
Im at Wits end!!
« on: August 07, 2018, 04:39:23 AM »
I have a 2011 Super 8 2t and Ive had it almost, my aprilia Sr 50 isnt even this much trouble.

So I have replaced the top end and carb and im getting 70 PSI. Ive also replaced the reeds with new stock ones, all new gaskets. the crankshaft has no movement. Ive taken apart the head twice and the rings are lining up no issues no marks inside the jug. The only thing left is crank seals....Im going to do a leak down test tomorrow. But do any of you out there have any ideas???

Thanks! :( :( >:( >:(

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: Im at Wits end!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 03:31:00 PM »
So a compression test shows 70 psi?  It's always good to do a test of the crank seals. but......as I understand it, crank seal condition has no bearing on compression.  If you are confident that your compression is only 70 psi, then it would seem best to concentrate on piston, rings, cylinder and head.  Also, I thought I had a low compression Super 8 2T (35 psi).  Turns out my new Harbor Freight tester was wrong.  I borrowed 2 other testers and got readings in excess of 135 psi.

Murphychow@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 07:31:52 AM »
I figured it out......never ever buy Naraku kits they are absolutely garbage. The kit was flawed from the start, I bought a PolinI 70cc kit and it gave me a reading of 150 PSI. No issues now, time to tune this thing......Grrrrrr. Just a warning to all spend the extra few $$$ and buy a good kit.

It was a complete waste of time troubleshooting the issue.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 10:57:38 AM »
Thank you for the update.
Here's hoping many good rides for you two.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2018, 11:44:05 AM »
I figured it out......never ever buy Naraku kits they are absolutely garbage. The kit was flawed from the start, I bought a PolinI 70cc kit and it gave me a reading of 150 PSI. No issues now, time to tune this thing......Grrrrrr. Just a warning to all spend the extra few $$$ and buy a good kit.

It was a complete waste of time troubleshooting the issue.

Yes I just replaced my top end. Was going to go with Nakuru but some googling of quality had me going with SPG (HOCA) as a compromise instead. There are no top quality stock top ends besides OEM that would take who knows how long to arrive. All top quality top ends are big bore kits and I dont want to do a big bore kit on a stock crank.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

Murphychow@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 09:57:12 PM »
Here we go again!!!!!

The polini kit I installed failed the rings in the kit ended up having a huge ring gap and hence no compression. So I replaced the rings getting only 110 PSI. The rings and the Piston & jug all fine, I don't understand why this is such a problem. No after riding around for about 5 mins im getting 60psi. Could this be the lower part?? Im not getting any play on the crankshaft. Anyone ever have these problems?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 10:19:28 PM »
Did you check the ring end gap when you put it together last year?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 01:31:05 AM »
How many miles did you put in the first Polini rings?  Did you re-hone the cylinder before installing the replacement rings?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()