Author Topic: Question for other Yager owner(s)...  (Read 984 times)

YagerMeister

• View Profile
Question for other Yager owner(s)...
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:38:49 AM »
My new Yager 200 "shudders" a bit when you start off from a stop.  When I twist the throttle, the bike revs to around 3k rpm as it begins to move... and at this point it shakes or "shudders" a bit as it takes off.   :-\ It doesn't do it around 3k rpm if you are already moving.  I assume it's normal, and it isn't that bad, it's just kinda strange.  I seem to remember my Vino 125 behaving similarly, but I'm a bit spoiled by how smooth my other bike, a Yamaha Morphous, is.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Question for other Yager owner(s)...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 03:57:59 AM »
Have your dealer check the belt. This is behavior that generally happens on a worn drive belt, but it could just need some dicking around with (to use a scientific phrase).  ;)  It's under warranty, so no worries.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Question for other Yager owner(s)...
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
My Agility and now the Yager have this "judder" but mostly when I really crank the throttle, either from a dead stop or pulling a hill. I was concerned with the Agility 50 'cause it was always seemingly pulling a hill. The main point, it never changed. I think the Yager is the same. Chinese Scooters had a video of the CVT in motion and the belt goes several modes that seem impossible. I think that is the source of the juddering noise.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()