Author Topic: Hello! ...and Yager GT200i service manual?  (Read 1369 times)

YagerMeister

• View Profile
Hello! ...and Yager GT200i service manual?
« on: August 03, 2010, 02:34:15 AM »
Hi!  I've been riding scooters since 2006 but this is my first Kymco.  I just got a brand new 2010 Yager GT200i in blue-black!  I've so far put about 70 miles on it, gently riding it home and then gently (slowly) riding it near my neighborhood and around in circles in a deserted school parking lot.  Same way I broke in my two previous scoots (Yamaha Vino 125 and Yamaha Morphous).  Can't wait until 200 miles because then I will change the oil and let it rip (I'll still keep from using WOT for the first thousand). 

The only thing I'm actually a bit disappointed with so far is how maintenance intensive the bike is.  My Morphous (which I still have) only requires oil changes every 3000 miles or so, transmission oil changes every 6k or so, and valve adjustments every 25000 miles or so (basically never).  But I can't complain too much because my old Vino 125 (made by Yamaha Motor Taiwan) had basically the same service demands as "Chuck" (my wife named the bike after Chuck Yeager).

I was curious about where I might get a service manual online?  I saw some other posts here about it, but they were inconclusive...

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Hello! ...and Yager GT200i service manual?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:45:25 PM »
Owners maint. schedule shows 200, 600 and 1200 miles and 1200 thereafter. Use synthetic after break-in and run 'er to 3000 if you want to. It's liquid cooled.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »
Did you find the threads on oil filters for the Yager?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

YagerMeister

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »
Yes, thanks.  That will probably be very helpful since all three major metro Atlanta Kymco dealers allegedly filed for bankruptcy yesterday  :'(

What's worse, the unprofessional guys at the store closest to me, which I intended to have do any major service work and get parts from are "mad" at me (they even told me so!) because I test rode the bike there but didn't buy it from them (mainly because they didn't have the color I wanted and it cost $300 less).  They didn't act like they even want to sell me parts and also now claim they "don't know much about those Kymcos".  What douches.  I even bought it at another location of the same company... apparently that doesn't count.

I haven't found anyplace that lists factory Kymco Yager parts online, however (for other stuff like O-rings and air filters)... plenty of stuff for other Kymcos... apparently the Yager is the black sheep of the family.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 07:58:33 PM by YagerMeister »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()