Author Topic: 2018 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS  (Read 26553 times)

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
Re: 2018 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2018, 02:08:17 AM »
Alexis, is your givi screen clear or opaque. What was the model number( I can speak and read Italian so I might order from the Castelgondolfo site)? I was looking at the puig also. I was just curious because the givi model looks a little opaque.
Thanks

Dean
Also I got mine on motostorm, they’re great! Even shipping to the US was fast and painless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2018, 03:13:54 AM »

There’s a heat shield on the first exposed bend of the exhaust, I highly recommend checking the bolts on it.
I discovered I lost one, and the last one was becoming loose (the roads up here are absolutely awful.
(I found replacements at homedepot if anyone wants to know those.)

Alexis, if you could, would you please post a photo of this location?
I'm not sure from your written description that I follow exactly where it is that I should make this check...

Thanks!
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »
Alexis, if you could, would you please post a photo of this location?
I'm not sure from your written description that I follow exactly where it is that I should make this check...

Thanks!

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2018, 08:13:42 PM »
Thanks! I'm presuming it's the three bolts in the black cover on the right-center side of the image?
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

---
1982 Honda PA-50

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2018, 10:53:49 PM »
You guys must have missed the post from, oh, about 3-4 years ago about Loctite-ing these heat shield bolts in! I been using Loctite Blue with good results. For some reason these bolts will loosen and disappear very quickly. This is a first thing to do on a new Kymco!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

AlexisStarlyn

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2018, 11:24:32 PM »
Thanks! I'm presuming it's the three bolts in the black cover on the right-center side of the image?
Only the two outside ones, the middle one is to the exhaust itself

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2018, 04:23:50 AM »
You guys must have missed the post from, oh, about 3-4 years ago about Loctite-ing these heat shield bolts in! I been using Loctite Blue with good results. For some reason these bolts will loosen and disappear very quickly. This is a first thing to do on a new Kymco!

Doh!!!! Yes, we be new Kymco owners. But thanks for the additional info about the Smurf Glue to resolve the problem. I'll be doing that in the next few days.

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2018, 10:54:52 AM »
Doh!!!! Yes, we be new Kymco owners. But thanks for the additional info about the Smurf Glue to resolve the problem. I'll be doing that in the next few days.

I think it's because there is no dedicated 400i sub-forum. Maybe that's why it might have gotten missed..

Just spitballing here...

---
1982 Honda PA-50

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2018, 11:08:45 AM »
A few months into ownership of my 2012 LIKE200i I was sitting at the reservoir and noticed one of the little heat sheild screws was gone!
At this point I don't remember if I locktited the new ones. But they're still there. I remove stuff and respray the exhaust every few years.....so maybe there's no Red on 'em.

It's the only bit the scoot has shed in 5 yrs.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

¤MaX¤

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2018, 12:57:58 PM »
Hi there !
I'm new on the forum and new owner of a 2014' Xciting 400i that replaced my BB650.
I'm french, living near Paris and I chose this model because it's much better than a Yamaha XMax in the 400cc category which might be the best for city and surrounding.

I'm willing to change the screen, the original one being really to short. I was more on the Puig, which looks better and seems suficient for protection. However obviously the Givi/Kappa is higher and will be more comfortable so I'm hesitating ! Isn't the Givi too long/high to look above it ? Because looking throught it while riding under rain and in traffic is really annoying...

Thanks for your help and advices ;)

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2018, 02:51:26 PM »
Hi there !
I'm new on the forum and new owner of a 2014' Xciting 400i that replaced my BB650.
I'm french, living near Paris and I chose this model because it's much better than a Yamaha XMax in the 400cc category which might be the best for city and surrounding.

I'm willing to change the screen, the original one being really to short. I was more on the Puig, which looks better and seems suficient for protection. However obviously the Givi/Kappa is higher and will be more comfortable so I'm hesitating ! Isn't the Givi too long/high to look above it ? Because looking throught it while riding under rain and in traffic is really annoying...

Thanks for your help and advices ;)

Welcome aboard.
I had the same questions when I was trying to choose. Alex is taller than me, but sits about the same in the saddle.
I'm about 40 inches (100cm) tall in the saddle. So, rather than spend the money, I made a hard plastic extension to tape on my OEM screen.
I made it 4 inches (10cm) above the OEM which is the same as the Puig touring screen. The wind hit right at my chin. The OEM let the wind hit me starting in the upper chest. The air for me was clean, BUT it made lots of noise in my helmet (wind hitting helmet right at the bottom). With the extension, the noise was reduced, but the frequency was deeper and really irritated my ears. After making a couple different size extension, I found that 8 inch (20cm) was just right.
The Givi is taller and will be more than enough for my height.
You are probably a little different size, but hopefully this will give you some ideas.

Another idea I've had is to cut the Givi a bit shorter, then order the Air Flow kit and mount it. Still waiting for my Givi to arrive, so haven't decided yet.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2018, 03:40:40 PM »
Greetings Max, and welcome to the forum.
Nice scooter 
Curious - why did you choose the Kymco over the Yamaha?
(went to Paris American High School in the 60's....no scooter. Always on foot --- unless I could catch a ride in a 2CV !)
Please post photos of your scooter in France (& Paris ?!)
Again, welcome.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2018, 02:09:23 AM »
I got my rear rack in today and mounted it. I thought there were 2 versions of the rack due to seeing some without the 2 bars support that attach to the tag brace. Now I realize it is just that some don't use the brace.
Now I'd like to ask if anyone here is not using the brace and how is it working if so? I was afraid it would stress the 2 bolt mounts on the front, but I much prefer the look IF it will work ok without them.

Mounted my new Givi screen today also. Finished at sundown. Will try to get a few photos tomorrow.

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2018, 08:36:29 PM »
The Givi windscreen:

Clampett

• Uncle Jed
    • View Profile
    • My Maps