Author Topic: England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland. June 2018  (Read 434 times)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland. June 2018
« on: July 08, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »
A fortnight away in June 2018, starting at Land's End in the UK, heading for Ireland, Northern Ireland and then Scotland.

[/url

Belt went ping on day one :( Thankfully, I had packed a spare; so we went on to belt number 2 :)

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/psdg3oggf/]

The valiant Like 200i headed for Wales up the West Coast from Cornwall, which is where I was brought up, so it was nice to go back!

Unfortunately, it rained so much in Wales and Northern Ireland that I couldn't really take any photos. We barely saw anything; just battled on through the rain and had a couple of scary moments courtesy of the Avon Vyper Strykes...

Northern Ireland; what a revalation; the best riding I've had in my life. Quiet, with swirling roads, dramatic coastlines and hairpin bends over rolling hills.

[/url

Most nights, the tent did the job - especially in the rain. However, the bivvy bag made a couple of appearances - a couple of nights on the forest floor on the way back from Scotland...

[url=https://postimg.cc/image/xl43vrp1b/]

Cape Wrath, Scotland

Near Glen Coe, Scotland. What a road...

Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland. June 2018
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 09:39:34 PM »
Great pics. looks like a good adventure as well as a trip.

- Wolf

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 11:32:43 PM »
Great pix!
Wish big-city riders would post pix of city shots with a scooter.
There is a fellow Liberty150i owner who lives in San Francisco. ....posted 2 pix ....in their driveway with garage door backdrop for Pete's sake! Frustrating!!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 03:07:29 AM »
Great pics, hopefully you can put some more up.  ;)

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 08:13:06 AM »
I'll have a dig - there's a handful more, but I'm still catching up with work etc.

The bike did really well over >4000KM. The engine ran smooth and without blips. I did wear out a set of KOSO rollers (more to come on them later) and a tyre. I had problems with the main fuse blowing, but it looks likely that this was a fault with the main fuse holder, and it hasn't blown any more fuses since the holder was swapped for a blade type.

If I were to do another trip, I'd try and get more luggage further forward, and try to reduce in general the amount I took - I took too many clothes again this time!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()