Author Topic: The Rider's Code (discussion)  (Read 476 times)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
The Rider's Code (discussion)
« on: June 24, 2018, 10:50:38 PM »
We all have those secret collection of experiences riders only share with other 2-wheelers - The rider’s code. Things we don't tell those closest to us, who don't ride, for fear of making them worry, or giving them the reasons to make us quit.

Is it an unspoken code that we don't share the worst parts of riding? Does anyone hold in those moments. Have secrets, close calls, moments of road rage, or been the target of a cager's ire?

And do we only share them with others who are in the know? Fellow riders. On forums, or with total strangers? Is this genuine human nature, or something only riders do?

- Wolf

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: The Rider's Code (discussion)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 01:03:03 AM »
Well, only other riders will listen. The cops won't listen. The ADA of Lawrence, Kansas did not listen and even told me, "We don't like motorcycles around here," after I filed a complaint about being struck by a heavy, wet, knotted beach towel thrown from a car.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 02:57:07 AM »
Well, only other riders will listen. The cops won't listen. The ADA of Lawrence, Kansas did not listen and even told me, "We don't like motorcycles around here," after I filed a complaint about being struck by a heavy, wet, knotted beach towel thrown from a car.
Id venture to say that is everywhere.
That's why i hate people, but im forced against my will, to live among them. Its like they get "extra"- points...for running a biker down.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 05:02:15 AM »

That's when you go to state government, and file charges against the ADA for not doing his freaking job.

Be damned if I'd ever let anyone in that kind of a position ever dismiss me like that.
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:05:38 AM »
Personally, I  think all who use the roads are in more peril from our own inattentiveness - than from other's behavior.
But I don't know the actual percentages of that...or of it is true.
When I make a mistake, I file it in my learning bank...and do not trouble loved ones with it.
My circumstances and preferences permit me to ride in very limited congestion. (see my sunrise, rural rides)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

barryparks03

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 12:41:23 PM »
Personally, I  think all who use the roads are in more peril from our own inattentiveness - than from other's behavior.
But I don't know the actual percentages of that...or of it is true.
When I make a mistake, I file it in my learning bank...and do not trouble loved ones with it.
My circumstances and preferences permit me to ride in very limited congestion. (see my sunrise, rural rides)
Stig
You are fortunate not to have to deal with mind-less drivers on a regular basis. Good for you☺

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 07:45:56 PM »
You are fortunate not to have to deal with mind-less drivers on a regular basis. Good for you☺

that is why I like the Canadian country side roads  NO TRAFFIC  some tractors hauling hay, or cow poo for the field,.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()