Author Topic: Good summer jacket  (Read 2579 times)

scooterchad

• View Profile
Good summer jacket
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:58:42 PM »
So, I've been shopping for a summer jacket. I've already settled on a Corazzo 5.0 for the upcoming fall and winter. Living in Atlanta, I fear that jacket is just too dang hot and heavy for summer use. From what I'm gathering I need a mesh jacket for summer riding. They seem to offer good breathability while still offering armor and protection. My problem is every mesh jacket I come across is just doesn't fit my style. They all look like a motorcyclist's jacket. I don't want to wear a crotch rocket jacket while scooting. I want something with simple, clean lines that doesn't cost a fortune. I know a protective jacket isn't supposed to be about style but to me the design of the jacket is very important. So, I'm looking for suggestions. I've searched the web and can't come close to what I'm looking for.

cheers, scooterchad

art

• View Profile
Re: Good summer jacket
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:58:02 PM »
This is a great store with good prices and quike shipping. I just picked up one of these for the same reasons, they have many other choices.  http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/39/10937/CITEM/Scorpion-Cool-Rod-Mesh-Jacket-Closeouts.aspx  . Cheers!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Tony M

• Kymco '09 Super 8 125
    • View Profile
    • Life According to Tony
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 08:40:32 PM »
I have to get one of these mesh jackets before summer arrives in the Southern Hemi too. I have a Motodry waterproof armoured jacket. Great jacket for winter but even with the liner removed it is still too hot for warmer weather.
Been scooterin' since March 2010 & luvin' it :-D

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
..like that jacket..

..i get emails from MSS all the time..bought my scoot's tires there..they have some good deals!!

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

stiffi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 01:13:16 AM »
Get the FirstGear Meshtex jacket.

I've been wearing it in 100 Plus degrees with 100% humidity, here in Maryland over the past month. It is an absolute wonder. I can wear a regular work shirt, under it, and still arrive nearly sweat free.

Last I checked, New Enough had a great deal for $59.99.

I really recommend it.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:22:48 AM »
I've been wearing it in 100 Plus degrees with 100% humidity, here in Maryland over the past month. It is an absolute wonder

..wow...it's cooler than a tank-top??

stiffi

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 03:00:41 AM »
I've been wearing it in 100 Plus degrees with 100% humidity, here in Maryland over the past month. It is an absolute wonder

..wow...it's cooler than a tank-top??

Maybe, the venting forces air into it, allowing it to circulate around. Seriously, though, for those that want protection, while staying cool, a mesh jacket helps. My jacket has full armor, as well as the venting.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2010, 11:17:20 AM »
..like the looks of it...now i'm curious....

art

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »
Dirt cheap full armor removible wind screan limmited choices. Quality jacket and shipping is unreal . They are in the same state as me, had jecket next day free shipping from about 300 miles away!

shubonker

• View Profile
    • a motorcycle blog
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »
Checkout the Tourmaster Metro jacket.  It's 100 bucks on motorcycle superstore and looks very conservative and not crotch-rocket looking.   However, it may be too hot to wear for the summer.  I have the tourmaster pivot 2 series jacket which has a liner and is waterproof, too hot for summer riding.  Have just been wearing my gloves and tshirt.  I would definitely get a jacket if you're going into highway speeds though. 

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »
I have a Fieldsheer mesh jacket.  It fits well, looks good and has good armor.
As long as you are moving, it will keep you cool.  If you are stuck in traffic on a hot sunny day, and there is no breeze, you will heat up.
I don't know how you folks in the humid South do it with any kind of jacket.
"Better to be hot than have to get a skin graft." I always say.

YagerMeister

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 08:52:51 PM »
+1 on the Fieldsheer mesh jacket.  I have the bright hazard yellow color you can see from space.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 06:19:46 AM »
     Ha! Hey Steve you on the east coast or west coast (portland) Looking for locals! 
   PS. I like the ss brand, it is a little to much on the sport side but does the job well. Some good features for the price! Got 2 personally one for winter and summer, And wearing non at the moment. But know I should. Been in this game to long to know better. Catch ya all later.

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 05:38:13 PM »
I'm in Portland Oregon, of course.  Anyone from Portland Maine? Brrr, winters are too cold and summers too hot.  I grew up in Connecticut, which is the same extremes in weather, hate it. 
I like Oregons weather for year round motor bike communting.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 02:47:55 AM »
  Cool. Not a year round rider here at the time. Mostly do to my injeries will try a little more this winter.
Anyway i'm located in the S.E. portland area If you need any help let me know. Seems I'm doing more work on my bikes lately  than any actual riding (too many projects)! Good to see some other portland kymco fans on the sight. Take it easy catch ya later

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()