Author Topic: Just a quick Hello  (Read 1341 times)

herbiedriver

• View Profile
Just a quick Hello
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:31:50 PM »
Just wanted to jump in and say hello... 

Picked up a 2001 People 50 2t over the weekend for $50.  Didn't run, needs work but not too bad.  Got it running after cleaning the carb and fixing the kick starter (the C clip popped out and allowed the entire mechanism to slide in).

Runs pretty good, need to clean the carb again and trace some electrical gremlins, one of which I am guessing might be a ground issue.  Bike won't rev on the stand unless I hit the brake lever, then it will rev and drop off.

Not too new to scoots, I have 3 Honda Sprees that I have rebuilt from the ground up and several Chinese GY6 50cc that are general beaters.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Just a quick Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:58:49 AM »
Does "herbiedriver" have anything to do with VW bugs? We got a guy here, Stig, who has vast experiences with those! Welcome to the nut farm! Sounds like your $50 prize has a fuzzy ground. You find and fix that and it won't Rev when the brake is pulled!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

herbiedriver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 02:07:12 PM »
Yep, Herbiedriver is due to my fondness for VW's...

I currently have three in the stable, a '64, '68 and a '73 convertible...

I fixed the revving while brake is pulled, seems the wiring needed to be sorted out, cleaned and reattached grounds and added a ground strap to the engine from the frame, once that was done the bike will rev like normal.  Now I need to drain the old oil, I think the PO put some synthetic outboard motor crap in there, it smokes like a mosquito fogger and has that smell... but it runs!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 10:04:03 PM »
Outstandong! Don't tell Stig you have those cars! He will be there drooling..I think!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 10:45:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum. It will be nice to have another active People owner on here.  I'm still working out gremlins on mine. Gave up for a year and now back at it. Just got a bunch of carburetor parts and will get working on it soon.
Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()