Author Topic: 2012 50cc Super 8 2T Oil Pump  (Read 3328 times)

Chris0381

• View Profile
Re: 2012 50cc Super 8 2T Oil Pump
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2018, 09:54:57 AM »
I think I may want to get a new oil pump myself. Where did you buy yours and how did you test to see if its working ?
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

netlag

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 12:33:28 PM »
Unstand the only way is to pull the unit; run extended lines to the vacuum and use a drill to turn the gear.

Found that pump does not actually pump (push) at all. The gear turns a disc that simply meters an amount of oil that is vacuumed (pulled) through the lines.

Mine could have had a block behind the brass fitting, but with no access to the journal behind it... I just ordered another as Kymco states this unit is not serviciable.

UnitedCycle was the cheapest place that I found that uses the Kymco parts dealer API. Think that United had a coupon (15%?) and also free ship over $50.00.

15100-keb7-e000 ( superceeds 15100-keb7-e00)
https://goo.gl/FMwFmB
2012 Kymco Super 8 50cc 2T (KF10AA)
- Position Light Mod (US)
- Derestricted OEM Exhaust

Chris0381

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2018, 11:42:23 AM »
Yep after a bit of research, I see it just allows a certain amount of oil to bypass depending on the position of the cam.

My new top is work fairly good. I have put 100 miles on it and performance is par with a slightly less performance on hill tops. I expect this to get better as it breaks in.

So what I am doing now is putting 2 oz of Amsoil Dominator in the gas along with the injection. When I see the reservoir getting lower, I will know the pump is working and the probably will still put 1 oz of oil in the gas for safe measure along with the injection. Now to do this I understand on need to upjet so the mixture flows thru the jets at a similar volume as before. Switching or using premix wo upjetting can cause a lean mixture condition because the fuel will be now thicker than before. I think having my 95 main jet in place will be OK.

Right now I am not seeing any real excess smoke maybe a bit on cold start up and the cycle seems to be running ok. Amsoil claims their oils are ok for break in periods also.

I guess at some point one wants to wash out the jets and check the plugs here and there for signs of over enrichment when going from injection to premix or both at the same time.

Once, I see the pump is working, I will make sure there is no slack in the cable when the throttle is fully open and use 1 oz of quality premix as a precaution.
2013 Super 8 50cc 2T Air Cooled Mfg'd 2012
Stock pipe derestriction
Smooth Boss
6.5gm Dr Pulley sliders
Malossi Torsion Controller
Malossi Fly Clutch- yellow springs
Polini Variator
#95 Main Jet
Purple Malossi Contra Spring
42 MPH on the flats with the wind

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()