Author Topic: Where can I get parts?  (Read 5908 times)

MarkThomas

• View Profile
Where can I get parts?
« on: May 05, 2018, 05:44:10 PM »
I have a 2013 Movie 150 that I bought when they first came out.  It's a great bike.  The dealer I bought it from stopped dealing Kymco and moved to Vespa.  Now I dont have a place to get parts.  I do all my own wrenching, and have been for 35 years.  The newer Movie 150 seems to be one of those bikes like the 1979 Sportster that is hard to find parts for.  I have been googling around for hours and haven't found a dealer that can sell me an air filter.  Can any of you ladies or gentlemen give me a link to a dealer that has decent prices on parts for my bike.

Much appreciated,
mark

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Where can I get parts?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 06:49:42 PM »
Someone might help out with this....failing that, have you tried phoning kymcopartsmonster ?
Might find that the part is the same for another 150.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
The Movie150 has a different engine then the rest of KYMCO's NA Lineup. So its air filter is not compatible/interchangeable with any of the other engines in KYMCO's NA scooters. KYMCOpartsmonster doesn't even list the Movie on it's web page.
The only place other then my local KYMCO shop is this place in the UK  https://picclick.co.uk/Air-filter-BMC-FM713-04-sport-KYMCO-MOVIE-150-302560191969.html
Good luck Mate.

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 12:29:37 AM »
Thanks for the try Tiny.  Those filters all appear to be for 2009-2011 Movie 150.  There are a lot of places that carry parts for those years.  Mine is a 2013.  When I bought the bike I was told it has a high performance four valve head motor.  It is a pretty quick scooter.  That's why I bought it.  Apparently not many other people wanted to put out the extra money for extra performance, so there are not many of them around, and not a lot of places bother to carry parts.

I am in San Francisco.  If nobody here knows someplace to get parts online, preferably in the US, probably the smartest thing for me to do is just go to the dealer I bought the bike from and ask the parts guy where I can get parts.  He would probably know.  I was just there yesterday.  I picked up a nail in my rear tire and brought the wheel in to have the tire replaced.  Nobody around here will do a plug/patch any more.  They all say it is for liability issues, so they will only replace the tire.  Dang.  That tire had less than 600 miles on it.  I hadn't even worn off all the little nibs yet.  Such a drag.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 07:25:46 PM »
Yeah it was pretty expensive for a 150 without FuelInjection. $3900 before taxes here in my neck of the woods. Lucky for me I have a plenty of places for me to get parts for it.  Including the head store for KYMCO Canada right here in Toronto.

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 02:05:37 AM »
Yeah, that's about what I paid for it too.  Was worth it.  Great bike.  Now if I can just find a parts seller.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 11:22:13 AM »
Yeah it was pretty expensive for a 150 without FuelInjection. $3900 before taxes here in my neck of the woods. Lucky for me I have a plenty of places for me to get parts for it.  Including the head store for KYMCO Canada right here in Toronto.
Wow, that scoot is pricey.
Paid $3099.00 for a 2018 Piaggio Liberty "S" ABS with the 155cc injected 3V i-Get engine.
The non "S" version, slightly different livery, were at $2999.00.
My LX LIKE200I was hundred bucks more than the reg. version, as well. Just different livery.
Important thing is -- you love yout scoot!
Stig
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 11:27:07 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 05:28:12 PM »
I think Tiny was talking Canadian dollars.  I looked at my paperwork, and the base price I paid was $3199.  Then with all the additional fees it came out around $4000 out the door.

I looked at a Kymco 200.  Don't remember which one, but the owner of the shop told me the engine was really only 168cc, and the Movie 150 was faster.

I dont mind carburetors.  It is easy to change jetting.  Changing fuel/air mixture with fuel injection is a whole different game.  I have never done it, but I guess you could change the mixture with a laptop and a programmable chip.  I traded in a Honda vtr1000 for my Kymco, and it had 48mm carbs on it, which at the time were the largest ever put on a motorcycle.  I was happy for them when I changed the pipes and had to rejet to get the perfect fuel/air mixture.  Those carbs worked just fine.  That bike was a blast on the racetrack.  I did a bunch of track days at Laguna Seca, and only got passed on the straight away after turn 11.  My top speed was only 155, and the other liter bikes would do 175.  My wife said no more track days after I crashed.  Now I ride a scooter and love it.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 10:48:19 PM »
I just remembered. Our carbureted Movie150 is an older model in the rest of the world where they switched to FI be careful on that point when looking overseas for parts

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 12:12:01 AM »
I would prefer to find a dealer in the US that sells parts on the web.  There are such dealers for every other bike I have ever owned.  Many of them, in fact.  But I am having a hard time finding one using the usual methods.  I am going to visit the dealer I got my bike from tomorrow and see if they can recommend a seller.  I am almost sure they can.

Tiny, the picture you have for avatar looks like the same color as mine.  What year is it?  I thought when I bought mine the dealer said it was the first year for that particular configuration, although there are older Movie 150's.  He told me they used to be made in China, but switched to manufacturing in Taiwan for better quality control.  My bike has fantastic fit and finish.  The welds are beautiful.  The components are all super high quality.  The brake calipers look like they come off a liter bike.  I thought I was getting a lot of bike for the price I paid.  The part I like the best is an image of a jaguar stretched out in full run pops up on the speedo when I hit 50mph.  Cute.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 01:01:43 AM »
Its a 2013 that I bought new from the crate in the Spring of 2014. It was either that or a used B&W 250 with 13000+Km on the clock. It was the colour and it's size that sealed the deal(plus $500 off the scoot). On the down note it has a rev limiter on it as it will not go past 9100rpm(106KPH) trust me going down a huge hill or on a flat road it simply will not go past 9100rpm. but I have a feelin that's just to stop someone(like me) from over revving the thing to death even though Im not at those speeds too often 

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 04:24:17 PM »
I think reving it higher than that might blow it up, so it is probably a good thing.  They put those things on for a reason.  That is fast enough to ride in the slow lane on the freeway, and 9100 is pretty respectable for a single.

Ride safe,
mark

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 08:14:54 PM »
This place claims to have parts for your Movie 150...https://parts.worldofpowersports.com/oeparts.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 08:19:39 PM by big blue »
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

MarkThomas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 11:46:59 PM »
Hey Thanks Big BLue!!  That is exactly what I was looking for.  They have the parts book on line.  They gouged me a little for an air filter, but they have it.  And shipping was $11 for an air filter and an exhaust gasket, but I was happy to find the parts.  I found the exhaust gasket at another place, and they wanted $11.  This place gave it to me for about half retail - $2.84, so that's all good.

After Movie 150 they give the number (SE30BC).  Is that another designation for the same bike?  Does anybody know?  I found a couple of places in my googling around that had parts for that number, but I didn't know what it meant.

Thanks again Big Blue

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2018, 04:47:28 PM »
You're welcome! ;)
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()