Author Topic: 2 stroke motor on choke!???  (Read 636 times)

vermiselle

• View Profile
2 stroke motor on choke!???
« on: May 05, 2018, 03:44:30 PM »
Hi,
When i start my Kymco Like 2 Stroke 2014, the motor turn very fast, too fast i think.?
But when it hot, the idle speed is normal (1600rpm)!?

The original carburator didn't have air screw adjustement .

Is it normal or what i need to do?

My video!

Thank's!

big blue

• View Profile
Re: 2 stroke motor on choke!???
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 10:27:49 PM »
An auto bystarter valve controls the cold start mixture. When you start, a rich mixture of fuel and air flow in to help the engine to run. Once the engine is started, after a few minutes a current sent to the bystarter causes a needle to extend into the carb starter port cutting off the flow and the regular engine idler jet takes over and the idle is adjusted by the throttle idle screw. If the fast starting idle is staying on too long then the auto bystarter may be malfunctioning. How long does it run fast?
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

vermiselle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 12:48:24 AM »
.... How long does it run fast?

Not sure, 3~4 minutes, but i didn't wait i start the scooter and start run.
Motor comming hot faster if i drive immediately...
When it hot, idle speed is ok!
If i play with the air screw mixture, is going help something?
Or i need to remove carburator and check the Bystarter!?
Thank's!

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:13:02 PM »
3 to 4 minutes does not sound that bad. The air mixture screw is to be adjusted only when the engine is warm and is idling. The bystarter produces a rich mixture for cold start, once warm the carb operates on the pilot and main jets. If you start the scooter after it is warm from running does it go to the higher rev speed? If not and it settles into a regular idle then I would not be too concerned. Just ride your scoot and enjoy! 
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

gwdoiron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 01:27:33 AM »
As big blue said, ALL Kymco carbureted engines are equipped with a bystarter circuit, which functions like a "choke" mechanism did on older engines, except that it is automatic and requires no user intervention … it enriches the fuel/air mixture when the engine is cold, and after the engine has warmed up, it brings the air/fuel back to normal.  You will notice faster idling for the first few minutes after it starts up; you should wait for the engine to run for 5-10 minutes before adjusting the idle speed screw.  2T engines should also have an accessible idle air/fuel mixture screw, which should NOT require any adjustment unless you've replaced parts with non-OEM parts.  The idle screw should be on the piece where the throttle cable enters the carburetor; the air/fuel screw should be on the front of the carburetor, near the intake manifold.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 01:30:32 AM by gwdoiron »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()