Author Topic: Shotgun mount/storage for 450i  (Read 1430 times)

a71rambler

• View Profile
Shotgun mount/storage for 450i
« on: December 28, 2017, 02:44:45 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with gun mounts or storage on a 450i.  In my case specifically over/under shotguns.  I will be mainly using my 450i as a shooting cart and would like a good way to transport my shotgun that is both safe for the gun and those around me.

I have been looking at the Kolpin and the Seizmik stuff.

Kolpin -

I would end up using one of THESE U bolted to the X bar -

With THIS scabbard -

And would look something like this when installed.

Pros - Scabbard is nicer with a removable gun rug, lower profile, no drilling holes, more affordable ($160 for one gun)
Cons - i am afraid the mount will prevent me tilting the bed if i put it in the most convenient locations and have it aimed up for safety.  Only really room for one gun.

Seizmik -

I would use their X-rack -

With THIS scabbard -

It would look something like this installed -

Pros - Two gun storage, safe (it is at an up angle), bed can still be tilted
Cons - a bit more bulky, spendy ($360+ for one gun)

I'd love your thoughts and opinions!  Are there other options i am missing for a scabbard style transport?

Thanks!

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Shotgun mount/storage for 450i
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 12:35:50 AM »
    For those prices I would get a good gun case and make my own mount!  I use my 450i as a shooting cart as well but on my own property and mostly hand guns.

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 01:38:59 AM »
I think either mount would be ok. I like the seizmik myself and I have dealt with their company and they are great people with good customer service. I have their mirrors on my 450. Good products. And that green 450 in the pic is sweeet wonder if that’s an 18 model??

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 11:30:10 PM »
I've been trying to figure a way to hang my revolver & holster where I have easy access, only thing I can think of is usung a leg holster and strapping it to the top bar of the cage
RandyO
IBA#9560

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 12:25:18 AM »
I use my cart for sporting clays and opted for the Sure Grip gun rack that is so popular with shooters. Don’t know how to post pics here but if you’d like to see mine I could text or email you a pic. Visit their website; google sure grip gun racks. Really good stuff!
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 10:14:37 AM »
    For those prices I would get a good gun case and make my own mount!  I use my 450i as a shooting cart as well but on my own property and mostly hand guns.

reviving this thread to see if there have been any DIY solutions.. I've made some improvements to my little backyard range,  It's only a short distance, but I imagine myself hauling 4 or 5 guns out there myself and maybe a few friends, I'm thinking more like a portable cabinet.
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 10:40:26 PM »
      I have the same issue, range is about 150 yds from the back of my home, just far enough that I don't care to walk all the equipment out there by foot. I have an old pad, quite thick that I lay in the bed and pile stuff on top of that to help cushion the ride out. I have cases for all my guns but hate to put dirty guns inside a clean case so I just wrap them in old clothes (rags) until I get them cleaned.  As far as a handgun mount for the inside, I just use a clip on holster attached to the storage container in the middle under the dash to hold mine.

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 01:06:02 PM »
only about 100 yards for me, with I had more length for a longer target, my longest target is 75 yards

I was out last weekend playing with my new to me SKS

ordered more ammo, got a case coming + a couple boxes of blanks to toss some dummy grenades
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:08:15 PM by randyo »
RandyO
IBA#9560

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2018, 03:58:59 PM »
bump to see what ya'll got.

mstparker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 02:47:41 PM »