Author Topic: Venox Fuel Pump  (Read 1939 times)

Ron

• View Profile
Venox Fuel Pump
« on: September 21, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »
Does anyone know where I can find a fuel pump for my Venox? My bike stutters real bad on acceleration after running for a while and gets really bad the warmer the weather is. I'm thinking vapor lock, or fuel pump. I just figured that since I just bought the bike, I might as well change out the fuel pump but if someone has a better idea of what's causing this issue then I'm all ears.

Thanks,
Ron

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Venox Fuel Pump
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 01:34:47 AM »
You tried opening the gas cap when it is running crummy?

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
So I opened the gas cap twice yesterday while at a stop light and it would releave the issue for a couple of miles and then it would do it again so I'd pop the cap off again. Starting to think it's the vapor release valve.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 03:27:48 PM »
Yes! I think you are right! Now, you have one of two things you can do: replace the vacuum valve or vent you gas cap. It took me several years to figure this out on a DT300i but it works really well to vent the cap. You still under warranty? By the way, I don't think you have a fuel pump. Venox has a tank just like all traditional motorcycles, doesn't it?

Karl
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 03:29:59 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
I was under the impression that there is a pump, but that would explain why I can't find anyone that sells one for a Venox...lol. No it's not under warranty unfortunately. How do you vent the gas cap? Mine is solid chrome and I have to use my key to open it.

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 04:21:35 PM »
When looking at the schematics for the Venox this is what I found. It looks like a fuel pump, but may not be. http://www.kymcopartsmonster.com/p/Kymco-Motorcycle-Parts#/Kymco_USA/RA50AA_Venox_250/Fuel_Tank/2K01110005/01110061 has it listed as a Auto Cock Assy Fuel. Part # 1695A. It looks like a direct bolt to the fuel tank pump, but I could also be very wrong...lol.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 12:01:38 AM »
I learned something here, Ron. I did not know the Venox 250 was EFI! Which means it has to have a fuel pump! Either way, you proved it is a venting problem. Venting the gas cap should be easy even if a keylock type. Depends on how the key lock works. Another way that might be easier would be find the hose that goes to the vacuum valve and remove it from the valve. This vents the tank to the atmosphere. Get a small fuel filter, stick it in the end of that hose and rig it where it won't drip on anything hot if the bike is dumped or if you overfill the tank. Plug the open vacuum valve. The fact that your bike starts and runs says the fuel pump is good.

Karl
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2017, 05:30:37 PM »
Crossbolt,

You're not the only one that's learning anything. Every time I attempt to do some sort of maintenance on this bike, I learn something! I just bought this bike about 2 months ago. The day I bought it, the guy I bought it from said that he had just done a complete service on it. 2 days later on the way home from work, the temp light came on. Got home and checked the antifreeze, it was so nasty and rust colored. I bought some radiator flush and drained the radiator and put 1/2 the bottle of flush in and the rest with antifreeze. Rode for 3-4 days and drained the radiator again. The fluid would not drain fully so I put the garden hose in and turned it on full blast. The amount of "stuff" that came flying out actually wound up staining my drive way!!! I flushed and drained the radiator 2 more times before I finally got it clean and running cool again. Then the bike started acting like it had some sort of fuel feed issue. Started doing some investigative work on my own and discovered that the spark plugs were not in all the way and on top of that, they were not the right size. Bought new proper plugs and she ran like a scalded dog until this latest bit. So, like I said, you're not the only one learning anything here...lol

Ron

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 08:50:00 PM »
Yes, "just did maintenance" can mean a lot of things! Around here "overhauled" and "rebuilt" have a WIDE range of meanings!

Karl

Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Ron

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
I have noticed that...lol. Decided to send the bike to my local Honda dealer for a "COMPLETE" service. $400 later and my baby drives and rides like it's new! The only addition I have left at this point is the 44T rear sprocket and 520 120 link chain.

Ron
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 06:45:24 PM by Ron »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()