Author Topic: Early Bird Ridin' & 3 bulb tail  (Read 692 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Early Bird Ridin' & 3 bulb tail
« on: August 20, 2017, 01:26:24 AM »
I've used this spot to take pix with 4 different scooters.
Was in my dealer's today getting some 5W-40 JASO MA-2 oil for the Liberty. Man, that red 2016 Forza sitting there was matched only by the Red Honda 300F.
The counter guys got a chuckle out of the "155cc Piaggio replacing the 400CC Burg" explanation for the oil.

I have been thinking about how to improve my night riding safety with some extra brake lights on my new Liberty. Really not wanting to go with a big ol' top case with lights (plus, except for the giant Bestem, they cost a ton with lights).
Then i was reading my owner's manual and saw that my brake lights consist of three bulbs - a center white bulb and an amber one on each side. Three brake bulbs!?! and two of them are amber bulbs! Weird....but pretty darn effective I discovered when I finally got a look at my brake lights with the help of a rubber band on the brake lever.
My whole rear end lights up RED with the 3 bulbs! Cancel the add-on brake lights for now.
(makes me wonder if Euro models have a clear lens either side of the center red lens--- and those ambers are wired as turn signals.? They might be amber - but under that long red USA lens they show red when braking)

Stig

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:33:59 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Early Bird Ridin' & 3 bulb tail
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 04:50:30 AM »
I think the screen looks neat at night with the light border all around. Not so sure about all all the light on the bottom. Would have to ride it to determine that. You did good.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
I think the screen looks neat at night with the light border all around. Not so sure about all all the light on the bottom. Would have to ride it to determine that. You did good.
The glare back from the screen to anywhere near my face is no issue any longer.
Interstingly I  noticed that my lower chest is well lit now by the reflected light.
Cool! Highlights my hi viz jackets ! Must get a selfie from the front to see what oncoming traffic is seeing.
Still enjoying this scoot's good head light. Wonder why the LIKE200I isn't as good. Lights look pretty much the same. Thought I'd really miss the Burgman's great lighting....but, no. Good long full dark ride this morning.
No problem.
Stig
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 12:04:21 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 03:09:09 PM »
Don't know how you get along without a top box Tom? I've had one on everyone of my scooters (7) in the last 10 years and can't live without one. I'm just like an old lady with a big ole purse that has to have my day pack with cell phone, tablet computer, day timer, pens, power cords, water bottle, rain gear, micro fiber cleaning towels with pledge spray for viser and windshield, tire patch kit, tire pump, tool kit, extra t-shirt (hot as hell in Texas), deodorant and .....and then I need room to haul stuff from Lowe's or the grocery store. So how to you do it Tom with that mini vault under your seat?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 03:10:40 PM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()